“First time's a charm ”

Taste of Peru Orlando
Ranked #624 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“First time's a charm ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was referred here by a Peruvian I met at a conference. I figured We could not go wrong on a recommendation by a native, and I was right. Don't be put off by the neighborhood. The restaurant is clean and the food was delicious.

All food was subtitled in English which I appreciated. I had the lomo saltado and the steak was very juicy and tender. An interesting mix of food that somehow works well together.

Everything was served quickly (although I would have liked more time for the appetizer before my meal came out as the ceviche was fabulous.) After dinner we were not rushed and enjoyed a leisurely conversation before leaving. The only downside for some may be that no alcohol is served, so you may want to call to see if you can bring your own bottle.

We will definitely go back.

Champlin, Minnesota
“Really good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

This place was great! Even the kids ages 6-13 ate it and that's saying a lot. Tried the shrimp ceviche. Tangy and unique. The lomo saltado was fantastic. We had the chicken and beef saltado, both excellent. I recommend you try the purple peruvian drink. Not sure what it's called but it's really good! I loved the little corn crunchies that they put on the table to nibble on and the hot sauce that they serve it with was so good that I put it on everything. This place is a great little find.

2 Thank Got_too_many_dogs
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are fans of Peruvian food and have tried it in various places, including in South America. This place has the best Peruvian food that we have had in the USA. We ordered the fish filet in seafood sauce and the saltado de pollo with crispy fried rice. Both meals were excellent and the quantity was generous. The seafood sauce actually had tons of seafood in it including shrimp, mussels and squid. The saltado de pollo (my usual favorite) was complemented well by the fried rice. Make sure you get their spicy sauce on the side (aji pepper sauce with cilantro), that just added more perfect kick to the food.

Bottom line, we would highly recommend the food here and will go back if and when we return to Orlando. I took one star out just because our takeout box was not microwaveable and had a hole in one of them so the sauce leaked into the plastic bag.

Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“More people should know about”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try a new cuisine on our latest trip to Orlando and this being Peruvian. We gave this new place a shot as we heard they had great service compared to the other places. It is very tiny inside but welcoming. We're so glad we chose this. The waitress whom I'm assuming is the owner and the husband is the chef was so nice and helpful on recommendations. She gave us a sample of their purple corn drink which my little daughter liked so we ordered a glass. Then we ordered the mussels as appy, the trio ceviche, and the angus steak with pesto spaghetti. The food was fresh and delicious. The portions were extremely generous especially the ceviche it could feed four people. The price was reasonable. It was our first time tasting Peruvian and certainly won't be our last. I will not be surprised if this little place expands into chains. Keep up the good work!!!

• Visited September 2013
“Good Peruvian food and ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A really good Peruvian restaurant.. I went there with a Peruvian friend and my fiancé from France and we all liked the place... Nice service, big portions for reasonable prices and the taste was really good, we had lomo saltado, arroz con mariscos (a little bit like risotto but still good), ocopa (my favorite), causa de camarones, tallarines verdes con pollo a la parrilla y papa a la huancaina, a lot of food. The chicha Morada was also very good and the Lucuma fried ice cream yummy!!!!! Also nice music during the meal, very diverse Peruvian music... Love it! Definitely my new place to go

• Visited August 2013