“Another WOW!”

Cala Bella Restaurant at Rosen Shingle Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Cala Bella Restaurant at Rosen Shingle Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Escape to the countryside of Tuscany during your stay in Orlando. Reward your taste buds with crisp salads, rich seafood, tender steaks, fresh pastas and fine wines. Benvenuto! Welcome to Cala Bella, Rosen Shingle Creek's upscale Italian Restaurant in Orlando Florida featuring Italian classics, with Mediterranean and American inspiration, accompanied by a diverse list of top quality wines. The gourmet italian restaurant holds true to Rosen Hotels and Resorts standards, providing superior customer service and optimal product.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We returned for another great meal! We had a gift certificate from restaurants.com, and yet this is not coloring our review...........We began our meal with the calamari appetizer, and asked for it to be crispy, not overcooked but yet not mushy......yes all good! The calamari was great! Then we ordered our meal, we ordered the house Zinfandel, it was good, but spicy, a bit not like Zinfandel, . But that having been said, it was ok, we debated about ordering a chardonnay ( my husband happy with a glass of that ) and a red....... ( for me) but we ordered a bottle, and were happy we did.....for the economics, yet we were happy with our choice. This was our second trip to the Cala Bella , and we were pleasantly surprised..........Eva took our reservation she was professional, and made the process go very smoothly, she also acknowledged our anniversary several times ( no one else did) and we did not worry about it, but she made it known that SHE remembered!! Thank you EVA!! We have been married 42 years, and have been caring for ill and infirm parents for most of those years, and this anniversary is belated..........happy to just get away and enjoy it.....No other person acknowledged that and we did not expect it, but she was great and caring to just mention it when we called and said we would be a bit late. Once we arrived, and I have to say, we knew this and when we saw the reviews prior, we knew that we have to have the ticket for parking, stamped( validated )........this is important..........and felt bad those did not know this..........My husband had Veal Marsala, he said this was the best veal marsala he ever had and we are not novice, we are foodies................and I had the sea bass dusted with porcini mushrooms...........that was to die for.....but that having been said........it was served with zucchini ribbons, stuffed with something.....and I would love to know what, I am thinking pancetta, and mushrooms but it had a sweetness to it...........HELLO, would love to hear from the chef........loved the meal and would love to replicate this somehow, although I know it would be never as good as it was at Cala Bella!! If we had a critical eye, it would be that the waiter, although he was very sweet, he was not aware it was our anniversary, and we did not share this( not his fault although it was written on the reservation) ........he was very good, nice guy, but he did not check on us as much as others do.....He was from South Africa, we asked his name and it is our fault we did not write it down. He made sure the calamari was crispy though and that was good Loved Calabella.........very good, I would love to know about the zucchini ribbons and what they were stuffed with, if the chef would share that would be a gift that I could share with others........friends and family.......loved the meal!! Thank you!!

RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Cala Bella Restaurant at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

I have to agree, I haven’t found a better Veal anywhere, caspersengirl!

Happy Anniversary (I know I’m late) but I’m happy to hear that Eva remembered and acknowledged it.

We hope you return next year. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

There are newer reviews for Cala Bella Restaurant at Rosen Shingle Creek

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Flat Bread Pizza is wonderful. Good local beer too. Located inside Rosen Shingle Creek. Small but nice.

Thanks, jayhawkgrant!

We appreciate your 5 star review. Please visit us again in the future.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Wish I could be more enthusiastic but the Chicken Parm, a featured house specialty was sadly below par. The service was excellent and the resto was both handsome and comfortable. Don't think I'll be back; the numerous hotel eateries over better taste and value.

I’m sorry to hear that your meal wasn’t stellar, Vermonter61

This is definitely not what we like to hear but absolutely appreciate that you shared your experience.

Thank you. If you need anything from us or if we can be of assistance in the future, please let us know.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

All the food was very good. The service was exceptional. Friendly wait staff. I loved the veal. The lasagna looked terrific too.

mwd62, Public Relations Manager at Cala Bella Restaurant at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi FedderalExpress,

We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with both your meal and the service at Cala Bella! Thank you for the specific suggestions. We know that our future guests appreciate it.

We hope you will dine with us again soon. Thank you for your review!

Mary Deatrick
Public Relations
Cala Bella
mary@deatrickpr.com

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Cala Bella at Rosen Shingle Creek is nice, nothing fancy...but food and service are very good. Had lunch with four people, all ordered different menu items; arrived together (just a little slow) and were very good.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for dining with us at Cala Bella! We hope your friends were willing to share with you, so that you could taste a little bit of everything that Cala Bella has to offer.

We hope you will join us again whether it is for business or leisure. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next experience even more excellent!

Mary Deatrick