“Great buffet to try something new or menu for what you know”

Ahmed Indian Restaurant
Ranked #672 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: When it comes to authentic Indian cuisine, Ahmed Indian Restaurant provides great quality at a reasonable price. We serve our customers with sincerity and familiarity because we understand that without a good relationship with them, we will not succeed as a family business. With over a decade of experience with North Indian style cuisine, we offer some of the most exquisite tastes in Orlando. We cater a full menu with a wide variety of dishes; all of which are Zabiha (Halal). From our vegetarian dishes to our fresh seafood, everything is prepared to complement your personal taste; mild to hot.
Orlando
“Great buffet to try something new or menu for what you know”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am a vegan - no animal products. It was awesome to try the selection offered at the lunch
buffet, especially since the dishes are kept small and are replenished quickly. My husband
tries to eat hilal and we both love eating here!
Not the fanciest of places, but clean atmosphere and delicious, fresh food.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Love2cook

New York, NY
“Great service, Good food. Great prices..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stopped in on a Friday night for dinner wth our 2 kids. (7 and 1 year old) The waiter came over right away and helped us settle in. We ordered a burger and Naan immediately for the kids. Within a few minutes the naan arrived and 5 mnutes after that, the delcious burger. (Daughter only eats a few things, indian food isn't one of them) We ordered lamb biryani, chicken tkka (curry) and butter chicken. Mu husband LOVED it. It wasn't too spicy or oily. The food was delcious but not over the top delicious. Maybe we ordered too many dishes that were similar. The naas was perfect. Oh almost forgot, I ordered the samosa chaat. sooooo tasy. Happy to say my husband has been craving it since then. I want to go during buffet time to try different items. BTW- Prces are EXCELLENT! We ordered a lot of food plus dessert.. $55. Go here, try the chicken korma... Dessert- ras melai.. little to dry but tasted great. Did I mention service was fantastic, we had 3 people catering to our small party.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank LoverOfLife
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Ahmed's was a disappointment. I was looking forward to a nice Indian meal for my birthday and we were snubbed by the waiters. We were seated at a booth, given menus but no server came to take our order. The place was full of Indian patrons and they were served and they arrived later than us. We waited a good ten minutes at our table being ignored until we became angry and disgusted and we walked out. No way we would ever go back. Orlando so far has been a disappointing city when it comes to good ethnic restaurants with excellent customer care and service. The impression I have of Orlando after having moved here from the very friendly city of Atlanta, is this city does not care about giving good service with integrity by its staff. I miss that attitude here. Orlando is rude, crude, and lacking in many good qualities.

• Visited July 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Desperate to find some halal food in orlando we decided to try Ahmeds. Its a small basic looking restaurant but we thought the food might be good. The waiter tried to impress us by memorising our order and not writing it down, this turned out to be a mistake. He had to come back twice to check what we had asked for. The food was basic, nothing outstanding about it. All in all fairly disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
Orlando
“Nice place with good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We must drive past this place twice a day... for over 12 years. Finally I got the bug to go in and try it this time. My wife and I like a quiet and relaxing place to eat after a long day at work. This place was quiet all right. We drove up to the front door and I think they were changing the outside sign to just say "Indian Restaurant". Perhaps they are getting rid of the name "Ahmed"? That gave us a little pause.

When we came in, we were the only customers (others came while we dined), and that made us nervous too. I was wondering if the place was under new management and we were some of their first customers. However, when we got the menu, it all looked so very interesting. I do not have a lot of experience with Indian food. But I know I like curry, and lamb, and goat. There are some classic Indian dishes on the menu, so we felt we could be a little experimental. The menu is split up between Chicken, Lamb, Goat, Beef, Kabobs, Vegetarian... etc. That made it easier to decide. I was looking for house specialties but only found Biryani Specialties and since I don't know what that word means, I was hesitant. Also, there were no specials for the evening.

We just moved on seeing enough on the menu that we liked, we had to pick a meat and guess with picking a sauce. I really wish they had photos as I see they have on their website. That would have made things a little easier. The descriptions were lacking enough detail. I ended up ordering the Lamb Vindaloo, and my wife ordered the Beef Jalferazi. The waitress wisely suggested an order of the Naan/Bread so I got two orders since I love to dip this flat bread into the sauce of my dish.

Like I said, after ordering, more people arrived and seemed to be locals/regulars at this place. We waited a while and just as I was beginning to wonder, the food came out. One taste and I knew why the wait... it was all fresh made with fresh ingredients. I will always gladly wait a little longer for fresh made food this good. Both dishes were spiced to perfection, not overpowering. Plus they got the spiciness just as we ordered it. The Naan bread was perfect and also fresh made with a light basting of butter. I just love fresh bread. Some places just don't realize how much fresh bread impresses and adds to the meal (Remember Olive Garden's fresh bread-sticks? I think we all miss those.)

Overall, we had a surprisingly great experience. We will go there again in the near future and probably make this one of our regular places to eat. I look forward to trying several more of their dishes because I'm sure they will all taste great.

You know what I would suggest? One time while in Boston, a group of us were inexperienced and were asking for advice from a waiter at an Indian place. The waiter made a suggestion for an appetizer and it was four little metal bowls of a variety of their sauces with Naan bread. That way, before we ordered we could get a quick taste of what they made. It seems like it was cheap... like $4. Then we just pointed at what we liked and what meat we wanted. I really wish this place would do that for us indecisive and inexperienced types. Perhaps I will visit for their lunch buffet to experiment more.

Anyway, we will be back I can promise this.

• Visited May 2012