“A Great Place For Sharing”

Christner's Prime Steak & Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
Christner's Prime Steak & Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 4,054 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-4 Exit 88
Description: The Christner family invites you to join them at Orlando's favorite for prime steak and lobster. Opened in 1993, Christner's is truly a family business "we have very little turnover because our employees are part of the family"!!! Our customers are locals...business people... travelers...vacationers and sports stars... including many celebrities. Everyone agrees...outstanding menu...professional staff and America's Most Award Winning Steakhouse!! The Christners maintain an informal flavor of warm, hands-on, personal hospitality. As Russ said, "Hey, we're just a humble little steakhouse" Enter a guest, leave a friend. The Bread: Baked fresh daily and served piping hot to your table. Rip it. Break it. Just don't cut it with a knife. The Beef: Prime, aged corn-fed straight from the Midwest never frozen and cut to order right off the loin. The Lobster: Cold Water Australian Tails. The Wine Room: 5500 bottles of selected wines to choose from.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Christner's Steakhouse, formerly Del Frisco's, is an established chop house long known for quality steaks and seafood. It's an excellent place for celebrating special occasions but it is also on the expensive side. I recently had a 16 oz veal porterhouse, which itself cost $42, a delicious $12 salad consisting of a lettuce wedge with sliced onions and tomatoes, and a baked potato the size of a shoe that cost about nine bucks. Our waiter was a showman and the service by all staff was impecible. Even Mrs. Christner herself came to our table to graciously check on us. It was fancy, it was entertaining, and it cost upwards of $70 per person not including beverages. I would compare this place to Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa or Morton's of Chicago. Personally, I think Bern's is better for what you are paying for. My wife and I discovered that the portions are so large that you only need to order one entree, one salad, and one side, and you still get more than enough food for two people and you can order dessert without feeling guilty. Other comments..the lobster bisque is good with big chunks of lobster in it. The blue cheese dtessing is heavenly, and the mushrooms are well worth having as a tasty side dish to go with your steak. I found the veal very tender but also a bit on the bland side.

1  Thank Bmanwest

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I first ate at this steakhouse early in 1994. My wife and I went in looking for a quick meal and were thinking the place was in line with a Brown Derby. What a surprise! A fantastic meal with fantastic service. There was a family style atmosphere and we were hooked. For the next decade it was our "go to" place to bring out of town visitors and in town friends. It was called Del Frisco's then.

Now as of June 2013 the name has changed to Christener's. Same family owner. Same great food and service. Different name.

If you visit Orlando, a trip to this eatery is as important as any other attraction. It is pricey and worth every penny.

This is a classic steakhouse. Steak and lobster rule the menu. The bar is wonderfully stocked and the bartenders are friendly, attentive, and hard-working.

Once you enjoy a meal here, it will be the standard by which you measure every other place.

1  Thank GeniusJoe
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I went out for dinner here for the first time. We were delighted :) We had the 20oz prime strip for 2. Not noted that it is more than enough to share with enough to take home for lunch the next day. We ordered 2 salads, and 1 order of au gratin potatoes. I am glad we only ordered one because the portion was enough for at least 3-4!! They included a loaf of fresh baked bread and real butter. We also indulged and got the sautéed mushrooms. Again they brought out a huge bowl of perfectly cooked mushrooms enough for both of us with leftovers.
The 2 sides are enough for the whole table. Recommend dinner salad over Caesar salad. It really isn't that expensive when u can split a steak, and a side and come out stuffed!! The service was top notch (we had Luigi) Beer was fairly priced, but mixed drinks, a lil pricey :) But look where u are eating.. Probably the best steak house in Orlando!! A++++

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Although I am a native to Orlando, I had never been here........well when I received a work "bonus" I decided this was where we were going to try it.

I was told the name might be changed soon, but ownership will remain the same......apparently del friscos is a corp name and they wanted this location to adapt to the "del friscos ways and menu" and this location had tried it, but the regulars didn't like those changes, so the owners decided to fore go the del frisco way and keep things the same.......I agree-why change something when your already doing it right!!!

Let me tell you about the cheese plate....sounds standard-but was ANYTHING but standard.....specialty selected AGED cheeses and the BEST CANDIED BACON you will EVER eat in your life........my hubby and I have not stopped CRAVING it yet....we will be back for just that SOON......

then we both ordered filets---mine-beef wellington-WOW-tender--TENDER--TENDER.....I can't say tender enough---you didn't need a knife to cut it.....I have never seen steak like that.......cooked to perfection along with a wine sauce-YUMMY!
Hubby had filet, and his was also perfect--the seasonings will have you saying UMMMMMM outloud--so watch yourself.

For dessert I ordered the chocolate mousse----TO GO---and enjoyed it for 3 days, there was so much----man was it fluffy.. another item I will order again!

Dress is above casual-sports coats and ties for men, dresses or suits for ladies and I didn't see any children there, but I'm sure they are welcome.
There was a bar there, but we waited for a table.
The service was outstanding, our waiter joked and laughed with us and made our 1st time there enjoyable.

If you found this review helpful, pls check that box before reading your next review-! thxs :-)

1  Thank ginnyp17
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fantastic steak quality with a feel of Bern's in Tampa. Pricy, but elegant with superb, gracious service. Filet Mignon was prepared exactly to order. Sides are family style. Sauteed mushrooms are wonderful! Onion rings and otato au gratin are good suggestions as well. Creamed corn was super sweet - it was popular at my table, but may not be for everyone. The desserts were excellent and the cocktails top shelf. They have a nice cheese board as well. Dinner for 2 with one drink was around $150 with a drink each, several appetizers, steak and dessert. I will definitely return!

1  Thank TampaTrips