“Terrific pasta Great service”
Review of Pastamore - CLOSED

Pastamore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Universal CityWalk
Description: A full-service Italian restaurant offering a la carte dining in a colorful Mediterranean setting. The open kitchen enables guests to see chefs prepare mouth-watering dishes such as oven-roasted pizzas, pastas, seafood and steaks. You can dine on the Italian specialties inside, or eat al fresco at Pastamore's Market Cafe. Here you can grab some breakfast on your way into the theme parks or sit down for a quick bite and some people watching. Pastamore also features a 'Kids Buffet' which will satisfy the pickiest eaters...so bring the kid's - they look hungry.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had one of the best Pastas ever and what made it better was the service we got. our server was not only very knowledgable on the food but also the wine pairings. The portion sizes were great, a little expensive but then its on City Walk and meant for special treats

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We made a reservation here because the highly rated Latin Quarter restaurant was closed for a private event. We were professionally greeted and seated at a quiet table. I had e-mailed a request for a Spanish speaking server since I had 2 guests that did not speak English. Jose was great, he knew the menu well and gave us time to choose. My one guest had the Shrimp Risotto which came out steaming and I could see they used Arborio rice, she liked it. Another guest ordered a personal cheese pizza which she liked. The third guest had Chicken Parmesan and was impressed with tender chicken but overcooked spaghetti and a bland sauce. I asked if I could have marinara sauce on the gnocchi and was told it would be no problem, the problem was that the gnocchi melted in your mouth. So overcooked and the sauce did nothing to mask the mush. The manager happened by and she asked the chef about the softness. He told her that was how they make it but he could saute it to firm it up. No thanks! I know Orlando is not Italy, but if your name is Pastamore, you should know how to cook pastas and gnocchi. I opted out of the gnocchi and asked for a pizza with little sauce, black olives and artichoke hearts. It took a long time and the manager apologized; the kitchen had turned the oven off and it took longer to cook since it wasn't as hot. It looked pretty bare when the manager delivered it and our server took a look at it and asked if I wanted more sauce. I absolutely did since they only painted on the sauce. The desserts looked attractive, so being in an 'Italian' restaurant, we ordered Tiramisu and a chocolate peanut butter cake. My guest enjoyed the second but the first was a very bland substitute. I have had and seen better food at chain restaurants like the Olive Garden. To be located at CityWalk at Universal Orlando, I expected much more. I would have been better off picking up dinner at a kiosk or dare I say fast food place. Huge disappointment. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We only ate dessert and I would run not walk if you enjoy home made gelato. I loved the mango but I am sure other flavors are equally impressive.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went there for New years eve with a large party. They accommodated us with some very particular guests at our table. They were also flexible with seating us and actually gave us a reservation on short notice. Service was excellent. The food however is only fair. Good for families. Not so good for people who want finer Italian food. On a positive note, teh wine list is very well priced

1  Thank ntraveler145
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a decent place to eat but we were very surprised to find out someone that worked there stole our debit card number and tried to use it throughout Orlando. This bank luckily called me when it started and an investigation is ongoing. USE CASH or beware!!!

1  Thank Orlandolover2013