“Classy evening, but pricey”
Review of Citricos Lounge

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #77 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Another fine dining experience at Disney. i was there with a large group (11) and the restaurant gave us a private room. While some of the prices were a bit high for what was offered, the presentation was excellent and the desserts extroardinary.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I ended up at Citricos on a whim. It was a last minute dinner decision. We made a reservation but it wasn't needed. I don't know why this restaurant wasn't packed! This place is truly a gem! We were just blown away by the delicious food, friendly service, amazing presentations and warm atmosphere. We learned a lot about the restaurant from the host as we were being seated. We stopped by the open kitchen to get an explanation of how the food is freshly prepared. Our server Aicha could not have been more kind, attentive and perfect! We were given a welcome appetizer from the chef and a few recipes to take home with us. You definitely get what you pay for. This place is a definite for our future visits!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

We have eaten at Citricos 5 or 6 times and have always had an outstanding experience. The food, service, and atmosphere are all the best in Disney. They have a shrimp appetizer that I love and when I asked the chef about it, he typed up and printed out a copy of his recipe for me! This is a classy place for well-behaved families. You won't find a bunch of brats throwing crayons on the floor. This restaurant isn't for everyone or all price ranges, but if you are looking for a quiet place with great views to enjoy an incredible meal with your family or date, there is no other choice than Citricos.

1  Thank eat2much83
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We had a long hard day of 100+ degrees and long lines at Walt Disney World. We ended it with dinner at 9:30 p.m. with our two small kids. First, the setting is lovely, we had a white-cloth table in the window so we could view the fireworks over the Magic Kingdon. Next, and most important, we had Malek who seemed to be more than a waiter, but more like a care-giver. We had great service. Our kids ordered the romain salad and two delicious filet mignons off the children's menu, with whipped potatoes and broccolini. Of course, I sampled all of it was delicious and cooked properly. My husband and I split the heirloom tomatoes and serrano ham salad, which was also beautifully presented and delicious. For the entree, we split the grouper and cous cous, which the chef divided for us before sending it out. Every morsel was delicious. The wine list was excellent, but pricey. Even if the food was not as beautiful and delicious as it was, I still would rate this restaurant to be of the highest quality simply because of the superb service we received from Malek.

1  Thank marcyro
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband and I went to Citricos for the first time on our most recent Disney vacation and we are dreaming about dinning there again on our next trip! I have to say when we were seated next to the open kitchen I was skeptical, I thought the noise was going to ruin our experience. But not only did the kitchen not diminish our enjoyment ,it enhanced it!! The chef kept coming to our table to explain the preparation of the food ( which was very welcome especially since I have some food allergies). He made certain that we were 100 percent pleased with everything...and we were from start to finish. Our waiter was the BEST we have ever had...attentive, precise, and absolutely one of the most delightful people on the planet....we were so impressed with him that we actually gave him a 35% gratuity! ..The food was beyond anything I could have imagined...it was beautifully presented and incredibly delicious!!! The food was very creative so much that some patrons may find it too over the top ( i.e....if you are a "vanilla" kind of eater, it may not be for you), but we found it to be brilliant! We wish it was a little more intimate (less tables and less noise)...but other than that this is quickly on it's way to becoming one of our Disney favs....we look forward to our next visit and hope it is as magical as our first!

1  Thank Stacirella