“Citrico's does not disappoint”
Review of Citricos Lounge

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #129 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were overwhelmed with the wonderful food and service that we received during our last visit to Disney and our reservation at Citrico's. The meal was excellent and the desserts were out of this world. The chicken I had was tasty and my husband's steak was wonderful. The Tropical Creme Brulee was the best I have ever had. The Tiramisu my husband had was also fantastic. We were so happy that we had made reservations to go to Citrico's.

2  Thank Mac450
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Overall I judge every restaurant on Atmosphere, Service and food, The service was poor, to be honest she was very stand offish and not really interested in waiting our table, atmosphere was actually nice by far the best part of the restaurant it is very elegant and we had a nice view overlooking the courtyard of the Grand Floridian

Food:
I asked the waitress to show us the best of what Citrico's had to offer if she could order for us what would she recommend
The first thing she said was a vegetable Soup - It honestly tasted as though it came out of a can, no flavor, nothing that made it unique I could have gotten this out of a can... Really it was just terrible I took 2 bites and let it sit...

The next course was the Sautéed Shrimp this was the best part of the meal but still really terrible, tasted like it had been sitting, and the shrimp were not fresh at all I ate a couple and again left it sit!

For my entree I ordered the Veal, to be honest this was was a really bad pot roast... honestly I could make a far superior meal myself at home with a slow cooker... I don't get the hype about Citrico's After a couple of bites I told my date to quit eating this garbage we were going to go to a different restaurant... We asked for the bill and then went to Narcoossee's - A MUCH better experience...

I will NEVER eat at Citrico's again I have had 2 bad experiences now and my parents have had 3 there are a lot of other great WDW restaurants, Try Flying Fish, Jiko or California Grill all great I definitely cannot recommend this crap to ANYONE!

5  Thank Chuck B
Reviewed March 9, 2014

After our dinner at Narcoosee's at The Grand Floridian - we were very excited to try Citricos. The service was SO poor that it made the food just OK. I'm not sure if it was a fluke and just the night that we were there, but, we left feeling very disappointed.

3  Thank lewistexas
Reviewed March 9, 2014

For the last night of our Disney World vacation, we chose Citricos conveniently located in our hotel the Grand Floridian. With our reservation set for 8:50 pm, we still needed to wait another 10-15 minutes for a nice table by the windows.

Melissa was our server and was very friendly and attentive. We both had appetizers and an entree. Plenty of food for us. But Melissa surprised us with an out of this world chocolate dessert. Also she brought over Ricky, one of the chefs, who makes limoncello on premise. He poured us a glass as well.

We really enjoyed this last evening at Citricos. Well worth the price.

1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is so great. If you are on the Disney Dining plan it is 2 points per person but It's worth it. I've been here a few times and each time I've been pleased with what I've gotten.

The last time I ate here with a friend though, our server was very rude and very condescending. She would disappear and we felt brushed off. Example, we ordered a bottle of white wine, she didn't bring us the wine chiller like she did for the table directly across from us and they didn't even have to ask. My friend and I were commenting on what looked like a water show in the pool outside (it had a fountain like appearance and had blue lights shining in it) and she made a rude remark about how have we not seen water before.

I still give this place an excellent review because I can only hope our server was just having a bad night and wasn't this rude to everyone who sat in her section. Another thing that bugged me is the lack of adhering to the dress code. They say that the nicer restaurants should have a nicer dress code, a business casual dress and time after time you see that this is clearly not strict. There people coming in with t shirt and shorts on, baseball hats. It's frustrating that we comply with what is asked and people come in wearing anything and they are still sat. I remember when dress codes used to be more strict.

1  Thank elizabeth1012