“Fantastic food in a great setting”
Review of Citricos Lounge

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #93 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went for an early reservation due to having a toddler in the party. Restaurant was not overly busy but did have a fair few dining plan guests (which is only to be expected in a Disney restaurant). Service was excellent, waiter was very attentive. The food was excellent, second fillet of beef of the holiday (first at calafornia grill) and this was much better. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank davidjdonovan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Every time I go here it is fantastic. The food is wonderful, service is impeccable and everyone is so friendly. It is not cheap but it is well worth it.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

In all the frequent trips to Disney somehow we never made it here for dinner. From start to finish it was superb. Lovely atmosphere,decor, and a magnificent waiter, Jared! We have not been able to stop talking about the quality, taste and presentation of the food. We have eaten at many of the best Disney restaurants but this is absolutely our new favorite. Already have a reservation for our next visit.

1  Thank judytravels81
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate here as a family to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed with the food. We arrived early to have a drink at the bar. Wine and larger was ordered but for me there wasn't a cocktail I liked. The batman asked what I liked which was a Strawberry shortcake. No problems he said and made me one up. I was very pleased and it tasted lovely. We were seated soon after and myself and my husband were given a menu which said happy anniversary and our names. We were then given a complimentary glass of fizz each. To eat my husband,mum and dad had the empadas and the fillet of beef and I had prawns and the veal osubuko. All the meals were fantastic. My son had soup and chicken which he enjoyed too. Deserts were to die for and we all left full and having had a good evening. I had a liquor coffee which rounded the meal off nicely. Lovely evening, expensive but worth it. Our waiter could have been better but that was just him and didn't spoil our evening, we just didn't tip him as much. We have eaten at California Grill several times and the food here was just as good, some might say even better.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I saved this restaurant for the last night of our honeymoon and it didn’t disappoint. We arrived an hour before our reservation to enjoy the grounds and the grand central atrium where a live band was playing. The food was excellent - I had the veal chop and my wife a very nice chicken breast. If you've a sweet tooth the chocolate torte with chocolate cage (many have uploaded pictures of this) was delicious.

The night was perfectly topped off when we caught the passenger boat from the resort across the lake just after sunset. The castle at magic kingdom was glowing in the distance as we approached. It was a really romantic end to the evening. Little ‘extras’ like this made our time in Disney so special. I hope you enjoy it too!