“Wish we'd eaten here more than the dreadful character restaurants”
Review of Citricos Lounge

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #53 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
london
“Wish we'd eaten here more than the dreadful character restaurants”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very expensive, but I'd pay it happily to avoid the park food. It wasn't michellin starred food, but it was fresh and well cooked and presented. There were a selection of options for coeliacs, which was refreshing. Good selection of wine, pleasant staff.

• Visited May 2013

Monterey, California
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Started with the Cheese plate and had the filet for dinner. I brought my own wine, corkage fee was $20 and I didn’t think that was unreasonable. Lonzy was my server and he took great care of me even being a party of one. My steak was ordered medium but in arrived well done. Lonzy took it back and got me a new one which was done to perfection. I can’t overstate how important it is for a restaurant to be able to rectify that situation. There is nothing worse than paying for a steak that you can’t enjoy. My new steak melted in my mouth. It was served with a very clever risotto made from Barley. The Chef came over to my table and taught me how to make it, I thought that was cool. Service at this restaurant is perfectly perfect, the same chef moments later was helping a Dad cut food for his team of kids. Not just lip service, real service is found here. I can’t wait to move in to the Grand Floridian Resort at Disney World.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, ON
“Not up to snuff”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Unfortunately, my sister and I did not enjoy our time at Citricos. Certainly wasn't worth the fanfare. We found our meals heavy on the salt and nothing too special. At this point, we had Tutto Italia and Sanaa to compare with from this trip. We were glad that we had purchased the meal plan because we would have been upset to have to pay full price for our meals.
The hotel was nice to gawk at but other than that, nothing to call home about.
We will not be returning to Citricos, nor will we recommend it to anyone.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Rachel N
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Nice and low key”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant that is quieter than alot of the other Disney restaurants. Probably due to the fact that it is a bit on the pricier side and geared less toward children. The food was great and the service was excellent. Would go there again. Note--if using the dining plan, you will use 2 of your alloted table service meals.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Betty B
Englewood, New Jersey
“Our Disney favorite”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been coming here since the transformation from Flagler's years ago. Have always had a great dining experience. Pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Well prepared menu and service to match. Have never had a bad selection. They will go out of their way to please. We will always make the effort to dine here when at Disney.

• Visited May 2013