“Excellent food”

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #90 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant at the Gran Floridian resort at Disney is one of my favourites. Sober environment and great food. Steaks, pasta and seafood; everything I got there was carefully prepared and tasty. The wine list is also very good. The advantage here is that you can reach the hotel by the monorail. As all restaurant options inside Disney, do not expect low prices. It is indeed pricy, but it is worth the experience. It is nice for a romantic dinner, but also with kids. Waiters are always smiling and gentle.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Citricos on our recent stay at Disney. We were on the regular dining plan so doubled up the credits to enjoy a meal here. I thought the food and service were excellent. We skipped an appetiser and were going straight to the entree but we were delighted to receive a free amuse bouche and some delicious bread to start the meal. We both had the braised veal shank followed by tropical fruit creme brulee, accompanied by a couple of glasses of wine.

The wait staff were helpful and attentive and it was nice to see the chef in the restaurant chatting to some customers. The kitchen is open so you could see the staff at work.

It's quite a formal restaurant so it is an opportunity to dress up a little if you wish. The setting is lovely and we had a window seat and a view out into the grounds.

I'll definately be back when we next visit Orland.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This another higher end restaurant at Grand Floridian. The service was a little slow but food was excellent.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was our first time at Citricos and it won't be our last. The food and service were excellent. One if our party has a scallop allergy and the chef came out and went over the menu with her. Another member if the party asked to substitute grilled vegetables for the original side dishes, her request was accommodated with no questions asked.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation at Disney and decided to give Citricos a try for the first time despite having visited Disney for several years. The setting is lovely. The kitchen is open which is always a plus. The number of staff in the kitchen area was quite impressive and as a consequence, our meals came very quickly. My tenderloin ordered medium rare seemed just rare ... and we both found it too rare to fully enjoy ... we elected not to complain directly about the level of cooking (partly since I was not confident that my expectation for medium rare was accurate (though it has not generally been a problem for me elsewhere) and even though it was not overly large, I left a couple of large pieces. The tenderloin was served with a risotto and I had hoped to find the risotto delicious but I must say that it was quite disappointing (but again, it was not misrepresented so that I did not mention this to the waiter). My wife's braised ribs and the noodles and sauce that they were served with were much better tasting and she was kind enough to share a portion with me since my steak had been a bit disappointing. The tiramisu for dessert was excellent and the wine selections were also good. We will go again but I suspect that next time, I will enjoy a couple of the many interesting sounding first courses instead of a main course. Service was prompt and efficient and the kitchen staff were friendly and made a point of saying hello (though our table was right by the open kitchen). I would recommend that you give it a go but if you alre a tenderloin (fillet of beef) fan, look carefully at how it is served and make sure that you canvass with the wait staff exactly what medium, medium well, etc. means in their view.