“First Visit to Citricos”
Review of Citricos Lounge

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #47 of 3,791 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
London, Canada
“First Visit to Citricos”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation at Disney and decided to give Citricos a try for the first time despite having visited Disney for several years. The setting is lovely. The kitchen is open which is always a plus. The number of staff in the kitchen area was quite impressive and as a consequence, our meals came very quickly. My tenderloin ordered medium rare seemed just rare ... and we both found it too rare to fully enjoy ... we elected not to complain directly about the level of cooking (partly since I was not confident that my expectation for medium rare was accurate (though it has not generally been a problem for me elsewhere) and even though it was not overly large, I left a couple of large pieces. The tenderloin was served with a risotto and I had hoped to find the risotto delicious but I must say that it was quite disappointing (but again, it was not misrepresented so that I did not mention this to the waiter). My wife's braised ribs and the noodles and sauce that they were served with were much better tasting and she was kind enough to share a portion with me since my steak had been a bit disappointing. The tiramisu for dessert was excellent and the wine selections were also good. We will go again but I suspect that next time, I will enjoy a couple of the many interesting sounding first courses instead of a main course. Service was prompt and efficient and the kitchen staff were friendly and made a point of saying hello (though our table was right by the open kitchen). I would recommend that you give it a go but if you alre a tenderloin (fillet of beef) fan, look carefully at how it is served and make sure that you canvass with the wait staff exactly what medium, medium well, etc. means in their view.

• Visited March 2013

Indianapolis
“Great food but lacking service and environment”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good at this restaurant. I had the beef roast which was the special and thoroughly enjoyed the dish. The appetizer was solid and the dessert had a fun large piece of shaped chocolate. The other parts of my experiences here were not at the high level of the food. The tables thankfully are well spaced and are not intrusive like Le Cellier and Les Chefs de France. Despite that, the adjacent table had a young girl of about five who would never sit still and interfered with my dining experience. She constantly was hanging off her seat and laying in the middle of the floor for about one hour, yet her mother nor anyone from the restaurant seemed to take the time to correct her. The service was average at best with a very long stretch of time between when I was seated and when the waiter actually got the drinks out (25 minutes). The rest of the the meal had a similar element of slowness with refills taking a very long time and used plates and glasses remaining. This restaurant is uncrowded yet has slow service with my entire meal at 9 PM taking approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. The food was sublime but the service was lackluster, so I would recommend looking elsewhere for a signature dining experience.

Madison, Alabama
“Not very friendly for little kids”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Service - Being a disney restaurant, I thought that they would cater to my 2 little girls and my sister's 3 boys. There was great disparity between the servers at my table and my sister's table (adjacent to ours). My little girls were treated great - by an excellent server. They were given kids cups, menus, lighted ice cubes. My sister's boys were given glass cups, hot water cup (to warm milk) placed directly in front the kids, no toys (until asked) - by an apparently new untrained server (with little common sense).

Food - Very good and flavorful. I don't know if I would travel to the Grand Floridian just to eat at this restaurant, but it did not disappoint

Atmosphere - nice atmosphere, spacious tables.

In summation - good experience if you get a good server. My sister and her boys will never return to this restaurant again.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Rakesh S
White Rock, Canada
“Top notch food and service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Located at the Grand Floridian, my wife and I had dinner here for her birthday. The wait staff was excellent, and they took special care to recognize my wife's birthday (it's best to tell them in advance). The food was top shelf, as was the available wine / spirits.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank philipbates
Raleigh, North Carolina
“5 star experience!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Incredible experience!
This is certainly a 5 star experience and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was excellent and there were great menu choices. Will definitely go back!

• Visited December 2012