“Good- pleasing place -- but there is better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Citricos Lounge

Citricos Lounge
Ranked #48 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Citricos restaurant brings the cuisine of southern Europe to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Citricos chefs rotate dinner selections frequently for a focused menu of American dishes inspired by the cuisine of Provençe, Tuscany and the Spanish Riviera—such as steaks seared on an oak-filled grill, creative risotto, pastas, and seafood depending on the season.The main dining room is airy and decorated with hues of yellow and orange. Old-world furnishings, wrought-iron railings and mosaic-tile floors contribute to the warm Mediterranean décor. Located on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, windows near select tables in Citricos provide a phenomenal view of the courtyard. Other tables allow you to peer into the bustling show kitchen. Meet the Head Chef at Citricos Restaurant. The Chef's Domain at Citricos Restaurant: For an exclusive gourmet dining event that brings you even closer to the action on the culinary stage, reserve The Chef's Domain at Citricos. Diners at The Chef's Domain may order from the traditional menu or choose to have the chef create a menu for them in a private dining room that seats up to 12 Guests. The Chef's Domain has one seating daily at 6:00 p.m.; reserve early.
Hyde Park, NY
“Good- pleasing place -- but there is better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at the GF and I had booked Citricos for Valentine's Day. We dropped our daughter off at the Kids Club for babysitting (see note at end). While the menu was interesting, they weren't offering anything special or over the top for Valentine's day, which I was suprised about. That said, what we had was overall very good. Not 5 star foodie good, but much better than I expected. The chef's tapas plate was excellent, lots of good flavor - the sauteed shrimp, not so much. The filet was fine, but nothing notable and the short ribs were well, extremely mushroomy. Desserts were very good and charmingly presented. If I had to pick one restaurant over the other, I would pick Narcoose's over Citricos. I thought the atmosphere at Narcoose's was more romantic, had darker lighting, Citricos was very bright, tables were fairly close together and it was very noisy. Service was not very hopping either. I felt like Narcoose's food was more memorable as well. Not that Citricos is bad, it's worth eating at if you are staying at the hotel, it's just not the best choice. I would also choose Artist's Point over at the Wilderness Resort over Citricos - the food there was amazing (just take a taxi if you are staying at GF).
Also, a PS about the Kids Club Babysitting - we left our daughter here for Valentine's day but did not end up doing it again. It is very small, 3 small rooms a small tv and just felt very stifling. The place is in lockdown mode for the safety of the young children, but I just couldn't get over the claustrophic like feeling I got when we went in. I recommend you go check it out for yourself before committing to it. My daughter said it was ok, they did a craft, but she was in no way interested in going back. Staff seemed nice enough but my daughter is shy and no one walked over and tried to talk to her right away to make her feel comfortable which I found odd. I had to kind of push her into the group that was already eating and ask someone to please come and talk to her. I had planned to have drinks with hubby after dinner, but ended up racing back to get her early because I felt bad leaving her there! And she's 5 1/2! Good luck!

• Visited February 2012

NJ
“Delightfully surprised!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

After a long day at Magic Kingdom we decided to try the restaurant at our hotel. Expecting your run-of-the-mill hotel-restuarnt food we were DELIGHTED and surprised at the wonderful meal we had at Citricos. Everything was fresh, prepared beautifully and well priced. I only wish we hand't waited until the end of our trip to try it out - we would have happily eaten every dinner here.

Stony Creek, New York
“Five Star meals, so good we went twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We recently spent a week at the Grand Floridian and ate twice at Citricos. First time was with a party of 5 - the service was excellent, beautiful table settings, a wonderfully varied menu, and delicious desserts. One of our party was vegetarian and she was thrilled with her meal as well. I had the winter root vegetable soup which delicious, flavorful and creamy and beautifully presented in a gorgeous modern bowl. Just the right flavoring here as root soups can be bland if you don't add some seasonings. This soup could have been a meal with the basket of wonderful fresh baked breads. I also had the cuban pork wheel (name?) appetizers as my entree - also wonderfully flavored and deliciously tender. The combination made a wonderful meal.

On our second visit, I shared the filet mignon steak with my husband. They kindly split the steak and gave us each our own vegetables etc., and this had to be the best steak I've ever eaten!! Melt in your mouth like budda tender and cooked to absolute prefection. And this review is from someone who was a professional chef on a private cattle ranch for 8 years, so I know my way around food and a good cut of meat.

My only disappointment at this location is they don't enforce the dress code. This is a lovely setting and a nice change from the kid-geared everything at Disney, so it is nice to come at least in a pair of slacks or an appropriate sundress. But flip flops, t-shirts, shorts and all are allowed in. A big deal? No. And I must say the staff are equally warm & inviting to all who enter, and I watched them closely making great efforts to make kids comfortable and get them exactly what they wanted to eat including chocolate milk with a Mickey Mouse crazy straw.

I would return to this restaurant everytime I was at Walt Disney World Orlando. Enjoy!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not inexpensive, but a good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

The service at this restaurant has been consistently outstanding over several visits. On our most recent visit, we requested a leisurely pace to our dinner, and the friendly server was very accommodating, allowing us to enjoy our food and each other’s company.

The menu is not extensive, but it is diverse. The same can be said for the wine list. The food was outstanding and the presentation was excellent. The tomato and buffalo mozzarella on prosciutto alone is worth the trip.

CC casual attire would be appropriate at this restaurant, but they do enforce a dress code. Children are welcome, but I’m not sure it is the type of place they would really enjoy, especially given the fact that they are in Disney. It’s more a place to go to get away from Mickey.

The tables might be considered a bit close to each other, but there are some nice views from some of the tables, especially at night.

Panama City, FL
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

After mulling over the reviews of most of the signature dining options available at the various Disney resorts, I finally settled for Citricos. It was a toss up between them, Narcoosee's and the Yachtmans Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. I can honestly say I am so glad I made the choice I did and would absolutely return!

Our reservation was at 8:50 and we were sat immediately, at a nice two-top right in front of the show kitchen. Other reviews commented that the restaurant was loud, but we didn't find that to be the case at all. There were also no young children who were allowed to run around or be bothersome, which is a huge pet-peeve of mine.

After deciding on our martinis (the Citropolitian!), we ordered two appetizers, the Moorish Spiced Ahi Tuna and the Cheese Trio. Both were wonderful!! If ahi tuna is on the menu, I'll try it where ever I go, and this did not disappoint.

For our entrees, I had the braised veal shank and my husband had the oak-grilled filet. My veal was fall-off-the-bone tender. Simply amazing flavor profile and an excellent presentation. I did not taste my husband's filet but he said it was great, cooked perfectly, nice flavor.

Being too stuffed to order dessert, we opted to get two orders of the lemon-scented cheesecake to go. We were only in our hotel room about 20 minutes before diving in. Simply divine!!

Overall, we were incredibly pleased with our entire experience at Citricos, from the greeting with received at the host stand, our server and the warm goodbye we got from the chef's in the show kitchen. If you're on the fence about Citricos, give it a try. Although located in the Grand Floridian, which to some might come across as being a bit "uppity", Citricos was a welcome breath of fresh air, not at all pretentious or too uptight.