“Great food, simple building”

Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que
Ranked #606 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Let me start by saying we have never heard of Bubbalou's prior to the day we ate there. We were leaving the UCF campus and saw a sign. When we got there the parking lot was almost full which as you know is a great sign. Here is how it works: as you walk in there is a menu board at a cash register where you order and pay. You are given a receipt,sent to get your drinks and find a table. The restaurant itself is very basic, yet neat and clean. The service was very friendly, the food was great and we were served quickly after being seated! If you are in the area and like BBQ we recommend you giving this a try.

1  Thank CaptTroy
There are newer reviews for Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We have eaten at the Bubbalou's in Altamonte/Casselberry an average of once every 2 weeks for the past several years. Today we found ourselves in Waterford Lakes and hungry for barbeque. We decided to pass on the Sonny's right down the street to drive through traffic to Bubbalou's with our mouth watering for some of the tasty, hot, Q we've been accustomed to enjoying. We were so disappointed!

There was no comparing the meals from the 2 locations. At Altamonte, the bread is buttery and crispy inside - hot off the grill. The Q is lean and tender and sometimes so hot, you have to eat slowly at first. The baked beans are perfect. Tonight at Waterford, I was shocked when the server almost threw down a basket and I looked at the HUNK of pork laying in the middle of a large cold bun. It wasn't even shredded and a HUGE piece of fat laying right on top. Before I could even start eating I had to ask for a knife (in Altamonte they provide a fork and knife when serving) and shred my own pork, while going through it and removing hunks of pure fat.

It was when I took my first bite, that I wondered if it could possibly be the same restaurant. This pork was cold and basically tasteless. I had to load it with barbeque sauce to have any taste at all. The beans were hard and watery..nothing like the creamy, yummy baked beans in Altamonte. These tasted like they had dumped beans out of can and poured barbeque sauce over them. The fries were the only things that tasted like the two Bubbalou's were related in any way. They were hot and crispy.

If you want good Q, go to Bubbalou's in Altamonte/Casselberry or go to Four Rivers. Take my advice and stay far away from Bubbalou's east Orlando by UCF.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

A casual place with a great selection of BBQ, pizza, and wings on the menu. The Friday we were there a talented band was playing. We fed 7 adults pizzas and apps for about $70 and still had leftovers. A full bar is available as well as indoor OR outdoor seating options. PLUS a drive thru!

1  Thank wolffpak22
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The pork sandwhich was very good...the mac and cheese not so much. It is very casual but a bit pricey. Take my word for it and pass on the green beans. I think they just opened a can and heated them up.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Coming from Chicago we're always on the hunt for good food. BBQ is among the favorites, so finding the prefect place can be a challenge. Everyone thinks they do it right. They don't. But Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar0B0Que nails it! They do it right!

We've not yet eaten in. Thing about moving is you tend to bring stuff in as you unpack, and that's what we did the first time. The second and third times we brought it in because we like relaxing at home with something tasty! Pick up tip: call ahead, skip the long lines! The place looks fun and we will eat in one day, but when you can chill at home… well, you get it!

The portions are amazing and pricing what you expect. In fact, we now split a BBQ rib dinner, share one or two of the 3 sides you get and add a 4th. It is more than plenty for two! The ribs are done perfectly, and after three times, they are consistent! And the sides… YUMMY! Fries, sweet potato fries, cole slaw, grits… we have our favorites and again, go with your faces and split!

Easily located, fun building, great food, perfect for family, friends, or just the two of you (or one), you'll have fun because they really do BBQ right!

1  Thank RoriTravel