“Great ambiance, excellent food”
Review of MoonFish

MoonFish
Reserve with OpenTable
MoonFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: The Fountains Plaza at Dr Phillips
Description: MoonFish, rated as one of the Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America, serves the "Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth" with a variety of fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world. In addition to fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish features Pacific Rim aged steaks cooked over a natural Florida citrus and oak wood-burning pit, a sushi bar creating the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi and an award winning wine list. The vibrant atmosphere combines modern art and ingenuity along with a Pacific flair to stimulate the senses.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I came here with a large group. We were seated in a private room, and received excellent service. The staff were great, and the decor/ambiance fun. Our room had a beautiful fish tank on one wall and fun artwork on another.

The menu has s a great selection of seafood items, along with a variety of other items. Since we had a lot of people, we were choosing from a limited menu. I was a little worried about eating here because I eat a predominantly vegan diet. I had looked at the menu a few days earlier and was afraid that I would have an issue getting something to eat. They were able to put together an awesome veggie plate for me with a variety of grilled vegetables, fried green tomatoes and a choice of starch. The rest of the people at my table had very good meals of fish, steak, or pork chops. The portions were huge and the food excellent.

If you are a vegetarian (who doesn't eat fish) or vegan, this restaurant definitely would not be my first choice. It is, after all, a seafood restaurant. If you are interested in a good seafood meal, it is a great option. The beef and pork dishes were also good from what my fellow diners said.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,379)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a great dinner at Moonfish. The atmosphere, service, and food were all outstanding. Lots of choices on the menu from steaks to seafood. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and the preparation. We will visit again.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

It was the first time for both my wife and I. The food was excellent and the service provided to us by our server, Kelly, was bar none! We will most definitely be back in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a great Birthday dinner for my dad's 60th. The ambiance was exquisite and Moonfish set a new bar for all seafood restaurants by listing where the fish was sourced and even the captain's name who caught it. Great dinner!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Everything about this place was awesome, we got there early, so we sat at the bar to wait for our table, bartender was friendly and helpful. When our table was ready we were seated and Alan was our server. He explained everything completely, was great with his suggestions. The prices were in line with what we had, we are in town for another 4 days and plan on going back!!