“it was great”
Review of MoonFish

MoonFish
Reserve with OpenTable
MoonFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: The Fountains Plaza at Dr Phillips
Description: MoonFish, rated as one of the Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America, serves the "Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth" with a variety of fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world. In addition to fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish features Pacific Rim aged steaks cooked over a natural Florida citrus and oak wood-burning pit, a sushi bar creating the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi and an award winning wine list. The vibrant atmosphere combines modern art and ingenuity along with a Pacific flair to stimulate the senses.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we stopped in on a thursday night for dinner. Being from south florida i am not easily impressed when it comes to the food service industry. Rebecca was our server she was very funny and immediately made us feel comfortable. she recommended the grouper and I loved it. The atmosphere was perfect for a date. I will make it a point to stop there next time I'm in the orlando area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,329)

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Went because we love local restaurant companies and hate corporate owned chains. And MoonFish delivered the food was outstanding the service was professional but not stuffy. The managers came over to the table to check on us which we almost never see in other restaurants. We will definitely be coming back when we want another special night.

1  Thank Sansanshot1
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I will not be returning to this restaurant. The food was poorly prepared. The calamari was cold and chewy, the sauce on the snapper was too sweet and the molten lava cake was not melted inside. In fact, it was cold and hard...obviously not freshly made, but bought frozen and under microwaved before being served. We didn't complain, but the neighboring table was quite verbal with their complaints. I don't know how this place stays awake. There were no redeeming qualities. Even the wait staff, while pleasant, was poorly trained. This is not a fine fining establishment.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Major disappointment this time on our special Celebration. Clearly, Moonfish caters to large Business Clients and spends less attention to smaller groups. Food is really good but the prices aren't justified given the sub par service. Their just not attentive as they need to be. Basic service expectations weren't met: had to ask for the bread, didn't ask if we wanted another beverage, didn't refill water until we asked for the bill, main course brought out when we were only half way thru our salads, etc. Good news, there are many other very good restaurant choices in the area.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been to Moonfirsh 3 times and it is the most consistantly professional, tasteful, and fabulous experience I can ever remember having. Our servers, which my last server was Angelo, was simply amazing with his professionalism, description of deluctible items, timing and presence. I have tried 3 different meals there and they are not only cooked to perfection, but they are large servings that I am happy to take home. Not being a fan of leftovers, I never let my leftovers from Moonfish go to waste. The Management Team, Erik and Jessica (at the time) are top of the line professionals ensuring an excellent dining experience from the time you arrive until the moment you leave. I would highly recommend trying this amazing restaurant if you truly want an outstanding dining experience.