“Incredible service & food!”
Review of MoonFish

MoonFish
Reserve with OpenTable
MoonFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: The Fountains Plaza at Dr Phillips
Description: MoonFish, rated as one of the Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America, serves the "Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth" with a variety of fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world. In addition to fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish features Pacific Rim aged steaks cooked over a natural Florida citrus and oak wood-burning pit, a sushi bar creating the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi and an award winning wine list. The vibrant atmosphere combines modern art and ingenuity along with a Pacific flair to stimulate the senses.
Bartow, Florida
“Incredible service & food!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We've dined at several other "Talk of the Town" restaurants and this is by far the best - only other one that comes as close is Fishbones. This was our first dining experience at Moonfish and we plan to return. We arrived about 10 minutes prior to opening on a Friday night without reservations, greeted promptly and our hostess offered the bar area while we waited for the restaurant to begin 5:00 seating but we decided not to wait in the bar area since we don't drink and the waiting area wasn't crowded. We've made that choice in other restaurants and they aren't always respectful of that choice...not the case here. We were seated promptly at 5 and given a great table near the kitchen area. Our server, Johnathan, was prompt and treated us like we were the only reason he was there. He wasn't obtrusive but engaging, courteous, and provided great suggestions and service.
We began our meal with the Crab/Avocado Wonton and it was full of fresh, tasty crabmeat on top of diced avocado & tomato - all beautifully seasoned - albeit a little too spicy for me, I think most would not find it that way. (I'm a pepper wimp.) The flavors still came through the 'heat.' My husband and I both ordered the Seafood Mixed Grill which was a huge serving and 1 order could have easily served us both with an additional side. That said, we still both managed to complete most of our meal - just taking a small portion home with us. This fabulous dish of 2 different types of oak-grilled fish served along side a dish of 4 seared scallops and 8 shrimp stuffed with a very 'crabby' and beautifully seasoned 'stuffing' was excellent. Also served with the dish on the side were grilled zucchini and a bowl of jasmine rice. Near the end of our meal, John, one of the managers came to our table and spent a few minutes listening to us glow about their restaurant. He asked if we were celebrating any special event and we indeed were - our 33rd anniversary! He proceeded to offer dessert on the house and we chose the chocolate cake - 2 days later, we are still enjoying it. So often large restaurants like this are too loud and not conducive to such a nice celebration, but we found Moonfish to be a perfect blend of all the components of a great meal - nice, clean surroundings; well executed service; and outstanding food.
We plan to return!

• Polish first
“Wonderful food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food was fantastic from salad to dessert. The service from our server, Rebecca, was equally great. We very rarely go to restaurants on the south side of town but this experience made the drive through I4 traffic worthwhile.

Orlando, Florida
“Great Food, Great Service, Good Time”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We don't write reviews as often as we should. However, Rebecca explained to us the value of an excellent review on trip advisor. I wouldn't write this review if I didn't have great food, and service. I had the blackened swordfish with mashed potatoes (minus the lobster gravy) and it was excellent. Even the salad that came with the meal had a fantastic dressing and my favorite heirloom tomatoes. Emily had the Mahi. I was surprised at her order with all the other fantastic options on the menu. Much more to my surprise, the piece of fish was excellent. Should I even mention dessert; HUGE, banana cake, with chocolate and peanut butter chips. MMMMMM...The cappaccino to end the evening was perfect. Rebecca was fantastic and we hope she beats the other dude winning the competition currently.

Michigan
“Totally unacceptable service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We will NEVER patronize the Orlando (Sand Lake) Moonfish ever again. We were seated by a less than enthusiastic hostess, after which we sat for 25 minutes.....totally ignored. Waitstaff servicing surrounding tables in a relaxed mode, while acting as if we did not exist.

After 30 minutes we left. We subsequently dined at Roy's across th street, where the service was impeccable and the food was 5 star..... Well deserving of their fine reputation.

We are Michiganders who were spending a few days at our second home here. Be assured that with all of the dining choices available, Moonfish will not ever be our choice... Nor that of our associates.

Shame on you for your rude, careless, disrespectful service.

• Visited June 2013
“By far the best dining experience I've had in Orlando in a long time!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our first time at Moonfish. We loved it. The restaurant was very busy. We were seated promptly. Our server Rebecca greeted us with a smile n began telling us about all the wonderfull specialty drinks that she loves. We took her reccomedations n from that point on we bassically let her choose what were having. Everything was awsome. I had the Triggerfish. By far the best seafood dish I've had in a long time. My husband had a ribeye that was perfect. Dessert was amazing although we enjoyed it at home because we were so ful. We will definetly be back...soon!