“Totally unacceptable service”
Review of MoonFish

MoonFish
Reserve with OpenTable
MoonFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: The Fountains Plaza at Dr Phillips
Description: MoonFish, rated as one of the Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America, serves the "Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth" with a variety of fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world. In addition to fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish features Pacific Rim aged steaks cooked over a natural Florida citrus and oak wood-burning pit, a sushi bar creating the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi and an award winning wine list. The vibrant atmosphere combines modern art and ingenuity along with a Pacific flair to stimulate the senses.
Michigan
“Totally unacceptable service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We will NEVER patronize the Orlando (Sand Lake) Moonfish ever again. We were seated by a less than enthusiastic hostess, after which we sat for 25 minutes.....totally ignored. Waitstaff servicing surrounding tables in a relaxed mode, while acting as if we did not exist.

After 30 minutes we left. We subsequently dined at Roy's across th street, where the service was impeccable and the food was 5 star..... Well deserving of their fine reputation.

We are Michiganders who were spending a few days at our second home here. Be assured that with all of the dining choices available, Moonfish will not ever be our choice... Nor that of our associates.

Shame on you for your rude, careless, disrespectful service.

• Polish first
“By far the best dining experience I've had in Orlando in a long time!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our first time at Moonfish. We loved it. The restaurant was very busy. We were seated promptly. Our server Rebecca greeted us with a smile n began telling us about all the wonderfull specialty drinks that she loves. We took her reccomedations n from that point on we bassically let her choose what were having. Everything was awsome. I had the Triggerfish. By far the best seafood dish I've had in a long time. My husband had a ribeye that was perfect. Dessert was amazing although we enjoyed it at home because we were so ful. We will definetly be back...soon!

“Simply Fantastic”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a client in from out of town who wanted to go to dinner. Wanted to find a decent seafood restaurant and moon fish delivered. Don't bother going here if you're looking for a bargain. While not overly priced it's not exactly inexpensive either. What you do end up getting is fantastic service, great food, and a nice atmosphere. The four of us shared two appetizers and four different fish entrées and everything was very good, and very fresh.When the dessert cart came out I asked if the Keylime pie was made in house and the server assured me it was and that it was fantastic.I am a bit of a key lime pie snob, and I have to say this was one of the best key lime pies I've ever had.

Visited June 2013
“Best Happy Hour and service in Orlando!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our server Kelly was amazing! Moonfish offers wonderful sushi a great environment and even better service. I have been coming for years and while I've had my favorites Kelly really stood out to my Husband and I as being the best. He and I will be back again over and over again for the cantaloupe martini, fresh seafood, and it's great service!

Kitchener, Canada
“Very good, but four or five stars?”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

MoonFish is a very good experience indeed, but is it a five-star maximum? I decided no, please read on why ...

MoonFish is located on a fairly non-descript strip mall on Sand Lake Road, not far from the hotel district. Once you spot it and pull in, you'll be greeted by the valet parking usual for the more expensive restaurants in Florida. But you can skip that, and park for free in the rest of the parking lot. Entering the restaurant you'll see the day's specials on the board (the specials may not actually change for a week). The restaurant itself is fairly dark but not too loud, even when full.

The food ... note that the shared appetizer selections the waiters recommend (oysters, shrimp, king crab and lump crab) is $50, so it will quickly add to your tab compared to individual appetizers such as the delectable seared rare tuna sashimi. (Yes, searing it really means that it's not sashimi any more, but anyway ...)

Main course selections we experienced were crispy snapper, seared tuna, grouper filet and filet mignon. All were of excellent quality and presentation (see photos). The size of the portions is not huge, though, so unless you have a small appetite you should at least also order an appetizer. A nice touch on the menu was the designation of origin of each of the fish offered, although it was slightly disappointing that only the snapper and grouper were from Caribbean waters, most others were flown in frozen.

Overall, the food was excellent, but given the cost (nearly $100 per person, including only a moderate amount of wine -- most main courses are in the $30-40 range), MoonFish only met my expectations, rather than setting a new standard of excellence. At a somewhat lower price point, it would have scored an easy 5/5.

• Visited May 2013