“Pricey but delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of MoonFish

MoonFish
Reserve with OpenTable
MoonFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: The Fountains Plaza at Dr Phillips
Description: MoonFish, rated as one of the Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America, serves the "Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth" with a variety of fresh fish flown in daily from all over the world. In addition to fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish features Pacific Rim aged steaks cooked over a natural Florida citrus and oak wood-burning pit, a sushi bar creating the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi and an award winning wine list. The vibrant atmosphere combines modern art and ingenuity along with a Pacific flair to stimulate the senses.
Portland, Oregon
“Pricey but delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were part of a group of 9 people who dined at Moonfish and I was a little turned off by the waiter, who immediately asked us a few questions to basically determine if our group was dining on an expense account... Once he found out we were, he began to immediately up-sell everyone at every opportunity. Every person was pressed to upgrade to add lobster or an extra side or move up to a more expensive dish. He was almost obnoxious about it and made some of our guests feel like they made a bad choice for their meal by simply wanting a piece of fish with a basic side order... Not exactly what I would expect from a nice restaurant like Moonfish.
The positives were that everything that everyone ate was fantastic! The fish was fresh, well prepared, nice portions, and simply delicious. Everyone loved their meals. Our meals ranged from the catch of the day to sushi and even had one person order a steak. Everyone loved their meal.
The food is on the expensive side but it was worth it. I will go back!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Houston, Texas
“Worst I've Ever Eaten”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The absolute worst halibut I've ever eaten! It had NO flavor at all. Not even salt could help it. Hallibut is my favorite fish choice and I've eaten it hundreds of times - from the east coast to the west - and I've never had anything so bad. My guest ordered the same thing on my recommendation. I sent my entrée back and ordered salmon; my guest didn't return his but he said later that he should have because it was horrible. The salmon was much better but the texture was mushy.

We ordered an appetizer - something with crabmeat - and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, it was NOT a precursor of what was to come! The restaurant was grossly overpriced and pompous!

• Visited April 2013
“Always an Orlando favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Living in Orlando there are more than many options to dine. Moon Fish is where you go for happy hour and date nights. The happy hour is top notch for the price and the quality of food. It's a great intimate place to dine for a perfect date night. Our server Carly was very attentive and experienced. I recommend this and the calamari!

La Crosse, WI
“sumptuous seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

It may be located in a strip mall, but it is not strip mall cuisine. The wait staff is extraordinary (Carly was fabulous.), and the manager make a point of connecting with our rather nondescript group of 5 men. Noise level was acceptable even thought the place was packed, and we did not feel rushed even thought the food moved along quickly. Appetizers were sensational; I am a tough critic of calamari, but they were cooked in a sumptuous sauce that kept the meat so tender, and the 2 dipping sauces were delicious. Some of the best all time. Salad was crisp and tasty, and the cheesy buns were nice albeit a little greasy. We each loved our main courses and had far more than we could finish. The peak dish was a whole snapper curled on the oval plallter because it was so large. My triggerfish portion was enormous and perfectly cooked with a lobster reduction sauce. One colleague said his mahi mahi was the best ever, and another quickly dispatched his 3 rolls of sushi on the chef's triple platter. I tried on piece of the squid and while I enjoyed it, I thought it was a bit "mushy." No room for dessert though it was tempting; cake slices could easily satisfy 4 patrons. It was only on leaving that I noticed that the grills are powered by natural coal embers that are exposed to the lobby; nice touch. I would definitely go back!

West Chester, Ohio
“Outstanding food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first visit to Moonfish and Shaun made the night a fabulous experience for me and my husband. His enthusiasm for his job and Moonfish was delightful and he was informative reagarding the wine, sushi and main course choices. It was a packed house on a Saturday night and Shaun did not rush us and made certain it was a memorable meal. Sushi, salads, and entrees were perfect.