“Different experience than others apparently.”
Review of Nagoya Sushi

Nagoya Sushi
Ranked #906 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I love good Japanese restaurants no matter the cost. I have found that Chinese owed "Japanese" restaurants have lots of mediocre food. This was my first visit, but it wasn't good and definitely felt more Chinese. The couple behind us returned their sushi, since it was fishy and old tasting, so I cancelled my sushi order and ordered cooked food instead. My coworker's salmon teriaki was edible but not very delicious. The miso soup was just very salty. I chose tonkatsu. I usually eat it as is, but it was so dry, I had to use sauce to get it down. It came with a salad, which was okay. I didn't think to order dressing on the side and it was loaded with dressing. I started to notice black spoilage on the lettuce so stopped eating that. I think I avoided potential food poisoning by avoiding the sushi. Still, the experience wasn't worth the effort nor the money.

There are newer reviews for Nagoya Sushi

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went here with my friends in December for my birthday dinner. We had a great time. Good service and food was great, nice presentation. Order SAKE bombs! They make a big production out of it, so much fun! Definitely go here with friends or on a date for some fun.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was not my first visit to Nagoya, however I was hooked after the first visit, now at least once a week for the past 6 months. Marvelous food, friendly service and better value than most sushi restaurants in the area.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Novice or Expert sushi connoisseur? Make Nagoya your home for a consistent sushi experience. Food is always fresh and flavorful. Without hesitation, GO.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nagoya is a small place, tucked back in a breezeway of the Dr Phillips shopping center. It is a great restaurant for "American-oriented" sushi cuisine. We've been there several times for dinner and weekday lunch. Its size makes for more intimate dining than most other nearby sushi joints.

Their sushi rolls are very good, and on par with Amura across the street (which we also like). The "Orgasm" roll was the best cooked roll we have had at any sushi place in Orlando. There is also a very good selection of non-sushi food for the picky eater.

The wait staff was great - our waitress was extremely friendly and had that rare infectious energy that made the visit so much better.

If you are looking for a more authentic Japanese restaurant, check out Hanamizuki on I-Drive, which is not far.

1  Thank CodeWolf