“Very authentic German Food”

Bauern-Stube Authentic German
Ranked #1,216 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were a but worried about going to this restaurant as many of the pass reviews were not all that good. We went on a Monday right after they opened the doors for the evening meal. Needless to say we had the entire place to ourselves, which was strange but good in that we were served quickly. The place is very German, and very cluttered with lots of different items. It is actually fun to look at all the different nick nacks they had all over the dinning room. It should be noted that the restaurant is sort of in a bad location but we felt worth going out of our way. Our server was a sweet young lady who answered all our questions and earned herself a bigger tip than the automatic 15% they put on your bill. There is a sign right on the table telling patrons about the auto tip so there is no surprise there. They started off our meals with a basket of breads that we found to be delightful, especially the nut and fruit bread. We left a lot of the bread in the basket as not to spoil our dinner, and the server put it in a bag and allowed us to take it with us. The food overall was excellent, though I was a big disappointed with the friend potatoes. I expected good German style fried potatoes, but what I got was the usual deep friend variety...same ole same ole if ya get my drift. My mate ordered spatzel with his meal and it was very good as he allowed me to share it with him. We ended our meal with one of their delightful desserts, which we shared. (Black Forrest Cake.) I lived in Germany for a good 4 years and all I can say is that the food lived up to what I expected and would recommend this place to anyone who truly loves good German Food.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is so cool. Uniquely decorated. The food was really good. I had Sauerbraten and a 1/2 liter of Weiss beer. Also potato pancakes as an appetizer. At the end of the meal, everyone 21 or over get a shot of something that has whipped cream on top. It was yummy, whatever it was! The staff was very friendly. The accordion player takes requests. It can be a bit crowded and loud but I would go back.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's like getting off the plane in Germany and sitting down to a nice German meal. The decorations are a little over done, all look authentic, but it fits together nicely. I did not find the waitresses or owner to be harsh or abrasive as other reviewers have suggested. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The food was not quite what I expected. The pork leg in Germany is the entire pork shank, think of a giant ham hock only fresh pork not smoked. At Bauern-Stube they serve a large thick slice of ham. Not what I was hoping for but still quite good. It was slightly juicy and full of flavor. The red cabbage was firm and sweet and the spatzle had good texture with nice gravy. The apple strudel would have been better if it was heated in the oven instead of the microwave but still had a good flavor. Overall a nice meal. So if you are looking for a quick trip to Germany without the 9 hour airplane ride this is the place to go.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit. We were looking for one last good meal before leaving Orlando early the next morning. Motels in the area should be promoting this restaurant. We found this restaurant on my "Local" app and we are sure glad we did. It was a short walk from where we were staying. After our visit we would have gladly walked further. The owners make you feel like you are one of the family. Coming by and introducing themselves. Their recommendations were spot on. We started with the potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce topping. Yum!! I had the Roladen with dumplins and red cabbage. My husband had Wienerschnitzel, with Spatzel and sauerkraut. It all was wonderful and reminded us of the food we had during our trip to Germany. We would definately go again. It is hidden on Orange Avenue but well worth the hunt. If you want good authentic German food with a great black beer and the feeling of being an honored guest at someone's home, then don't miss Bauern-Stube Authentic German Restaurant.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We've been here numerous times because its not far from where we live. Its the best German food I've ever eaten the potato pancakes are to die for! We love this place the owners are really nice, the atmosphere is just really cozy and comfortable we've just never really had a bad experience here the prices maybe a little high but its worth it for us because the food is great so is the atmosphere and the service we get. There is nothing like the feeling that your on vacation when you aren't that's what this place does it gives us an escape without leaving we love it.