“One of my favorites in Orlando, give it a try, you will love it!”
Review of Cafe Madrid - CLOSED

Cafe Madrid
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel quite often to Orlando on business and I have always make a point of visiting Cafe Madrid during every trip to have my favorite Puertorican dish (Mofongo). The restaurant is located in a strip small and décor-wise it is nothing to write home about, but the food quality and taste do make up for it and you forget about everything else once your food arrives. In my opinion, the restaurant is a mix of Cuban, Dominican and Puertorican food and not just Cuban as the restaurant is known for. The service is always good and the waitresses are always friendly and attentive. If you are in the Orlando area and want to experience good food, give Café Madrid a try, you will not be disappointed. As matter of fact, I am heading back to Orlando, next month and I will be making a point of stopping by and get some Mofongo!

1  Thank Dansladen

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is Cuban food Dominican style because the owners are from the Dominican Republic. Consequently the food is not authentic Cuban and leaves much to be desired... I had the bistec empanizado (breaded steak), white rice, black beans, tostones (fried green plantains) and found it to be dried, tasteless, and bland. As a natives Cuban, I was very disappointed.

1  Thank Fantasma46
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wow! Great way to start our vacation. Not too far from Orlando International Airport where my family and I flew into from Pittsburgh. We had some time to kill and we were very hungry at the end of our travel day.

We ended up at Cafe' Madrid thanks to Yelp. My iPhone app was looking for highly rated Cuban restaurants near the airport. This was at the top of the list.

For $28, our family of 4 ate very well! My wife ordered a grilled chicken dish, I went with steak and onions (for about $8!) and ordered a glass of sangria. Both entrees came with salad and bread. Both entrees were perfectly cooked and delicious. We also were treated to rice, beans and plantains.

My daughter went with the chicken strips and fries - standard kid fare but she totally enjoyed her dish as well.

Finally, I don't know what some of the other Yelpers here were going on about the rude waitstaff. Our hostess and waitress were extremely friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was looking for Cuban food near the airport. I found Cafe Madrid on line and the food and service were both excellent. I went there for lunch. There were many choices with reasonable prices. I selected the Fried Pork Cubes which were served with yellow rice, black beans a salad and fresh made garlic bread. All for $6.95 The pork cubes were crispy on the outside and super tender on the inside. I was given a choice of white or yellow rice, black or red beans. The house dressing was very light and tasty. I will be returning to this restaurant. They have a trip advisor sticker in the window. The resturant is small with only about 20 tables but the food selection and delivery were excellent. The resturrant has a full bar. On my next visit I plan to try the Cuban sandwich.

1  Thank AJP76244
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I know good food and you cannot go wrong at Cafe Madrid when it comes to low prices taste, large potions and good service stop in for a good meal. We tried the Arroz Con Pollo with red beans. I fancied the Escovitch with black beans which was delicious.

We really enjoyed our meals and had more than enough to bring home and share with the family.

1  Thank dMoniqueRenee