“Good eats - and LOTS of it!”

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Ranked #172 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge smokes up pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, corn bread and more that will satisfy any cowboy or cowgirl in the family.In this rowdy, family-style restaurant right out of the Old West, start your morning with a bang-up breakfast of favorites such as buttermilk pancakes, omelets or an all-you-care-to-enjoy Canyon Skillet.Later in the day, bring your posse by for lunch when we're serving up burgers, salads and sandwiches, or stop in for dinner and be tempted by steak, fish or salads. And we can wrangle the heartiest appetites, 'cause we've got lunch and dinner Canyon Skillets, too. Be sure to save room for the Canyon Apple Pie!
Reviewed March 6, 2006

Ate here after a long day at Disney. Only had to wait a few minutes for a table and were seated in the farthest section. We were close enough to hear all the fun, but far enough back to not get caught in the crossfire, so to speak. There were few children seated back with us, so we didn't witness all the fun first-hand. The waiters and waitresses were still playful and friendly, giving us just a taste of the Wild West fun.

Their milkshakes are bottomless - we tried the orange. Tasted like a creamsicle - yum! For dinnner, we had the meatloaf, which was very good - two huge wedges of meatloaf, plus mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli. It was all wonderful, but I couldn't finish it all. Husband had the all-you-can-eat skillet. TONS of food here. Everything was very tasty... BBQ chicken, sausage, ribs (very tender), pulled pork, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and beans. The salad was good, and the cornbread was even better. It was sweet and almost cakelike, just the way we like it - YUMMY. We probably could have just eaten that with a big glass of milk and been happy. The only two things we weren't terribly impressed with were the BBQ beans and the dessert. Beans could have stood a few more minutes of cooking - weren't overly tender. We split the s'mores dessert - didn't impress. It's pretty, but not worth the $$$, in our opinion.

All in all, we were very satisfied with our visit to the cafe. It was expensive, but so is everything else at WDW... we'd easily eat there again.

6  Thank meglenn108b

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I have eaten here twice. The first time was with 2 other families that we vacationed with. We had the entire back section of the restaurant and we had a blast. Our waiter was unbelievable! He made hats out of handkerchiefs for all of us, brought out a trunk of clothes and made everyone, including adults, dress up. He made the kids sing "I'm a Little Teapot" for ketchup, threw straws at them when they asked, had them do pony races, and even threw mashed potatoes on the wall. Our kids still talk about that dinner, and that waiter (Bobby if you are out there, your family from NJ loves you). The second time I went was during Pop Warner week in Dec. 2005. Food was excellent, as the first time, but not as much fun as first time. Still had pony races, but you didn't really see individuals having to do the goofy stuff that happened with our first visit. Would still recommend it, very good for kids of all ages, the all you can eat dinner is well worth it.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2006

We had dinner here on our last in Orlando. It was a fantastic way to end our adventure! Our family ordered the family style dinner that was all you can eat! It was awesome and our waiter paid attention to what we were eating and brought more before we even had to ask! While we ate, there was a stick horse race through the dinning room and some funny songs! The best was when the girl next to us had a birthday song and dessert! It was the funniest birthday song that I ever saw/heard!

They were busy and it was an off night! I would suggest reservations. With them, we only waited about 20 minutes!

If you like fun, you'll have a great time!

After dinner, spend some time wandering around the resort! It reminded me of Yellowstone!

2  Thank onawa1
Reviewed January 4, 2006

We recently visited the Whispering Canyon Cafe for the first time and my sister and I had a blast. The food (breakfast) was fantastic and the atmosphere was fun and entertaining. Beware!!! Do not ask for ketchup in less you really mean it! Everyone in the restaurant will bring you a bottle!! And I do mean everyone!! What a fun time, beautiful environment just like the rest of the Lodge, we will definitely be back!!

2  Thank lilmuns
Reviewed January 3, 2006

I greatly enjoyed my Lunch at Whispering Canyon. One note: Please read the sign as you go in, Whispering Canyon cafe is a unique atmosphere that is LOUD! (waiters and customers yelling banging on the table etc.), but it is FUN! And boy is it, very entertaining, with great service and wonderful food. I got the vegetable stew (not what you would picture) and absolutely loved it. I've never been served fresher vegetables. Also stole some fried chicken from the plate next to me and it was just as our waiter described "Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside." Highly reccomended to any one who likes to laugh and likes to eat at the same time!

1  Thank TN-610