“Good but not great !” 4 of 5 bubbles

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Ranked #190 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge smokes up pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, corn bread and more that will satisfy any cowboy or cowgirl in the family.In this rowdy, family-style restaurant right out of the Old West, start your morning with a bang-up breakfast of favorites such as buttermilk pancakes, omelets or an all-you-care-to-enjoy Canyon Skillet.Later in the day, bring your posse by for lunch when we're serving up burgers, salads and sandwiches, or stop in for dinner and be tempted by steak, fish or salads. And we can wrangle the heartiest appetites, 'cause we've got lunch and dinner Canyon Skillets, too. Be sure to save room for the Canyon Apple Pie!
Kansas City
“Good but not great !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have been to whispering Canyon several times. We like it. It is somewhat unique in some of it's activities. The food is good and there is a lot of it. Maybe some of the uniqueness has worn off. It was good but not great. I think if it is your first time you will really enjoy it. Make sure you ask for ketchup.

• Visited July 2014

Bolton
“Get the platter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

They have one meal here that's really good it's got all-you-can-eat ribs chicken sausage beans potato salad etc. there's nothing extraordinary about the chicken it seems to be the same roasted chicken you got all over the park. The ribs however are delicious and the atmosphere is fun although it's tone down since the first time I was there

1 Thank Sharkiteuthis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fun place with good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The servers interact with everyone in the restaurant and each other. It's a really fun time. The lunch menu is good and the portions large. Chad from St. Augustine was great!
(you can choose to not be involved, but what fun is that?)

Visited July 2014
1 Thank elizagrace
“Don't waste your money or your time. Horrible all around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We went to whispering canyon on our first night. It was a holiday weekend so it was crowded (July 3rd). Our reservation was at 7:40. We arrived 5 minutes before but had to wait about 20 more for a table even though we had reservations. Not a big deal because they had two open seats and a table with Lincoln logs. My kids were happy to play and me and my husband happy to sit! The food was horrible. It was almost cold and everything was dry! We were a party of 5 and for $30 each to get the skillet we didn't even finish one skillet that's how bad it was. Totally not enjoyable but we have learned we don't pay for the food we pay for the atmosphere with a lot of Disney restaurants and we were promised a hoopin hollaren good time! So we waited and waited. We were told we had just missed the hobby horse ride at 8 but I did not see it go on and there would be another one at 9. We waited until 9:30 and asked twice but there never was one again. Our waited howed us how to be involved flip the coaster to green so we did. No fun or interaction at all. When our waiter who I won't name but I did name him to WDW manager came he was making fun of my six year old with a speech impediment. Supposedly when you ask the waiter for ketchup one table has all the ketchup and runs it over to you. Nope didn't happen. It was a horrible experience. I was so disappointed because I read such wonderful things about this restaurant. I'm hoping it was just a bad night because it was anything but magical. Horrible.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Grantsmommy26
“Could have been better.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My second visit to Whispering Canyon Cafe with the family. Food was pretty good. They push the skillet plate on you but I had that previously and wanted something a little lighter. Went with the grilled pork chop. It was very good. My 6yr old son had grilled fish. He wasn't a fan, but I sampled and it was ok. Service was mediocre during this visit. Not very Disney like.