“Fun for the Family”

Ranked #172 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge smokes up pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, corn bread and more that will satisfy any cowboy or cowgirl in the family.In this rowdy, family-style restaurant right out of the Old West, start your morning with a bang-up breakfast of favorites such as buttermilk pancakes, omelets or an all-you-care-to-enjoy Canyon Skillet.Later in the day, bring your posse by for lunch when we're serving up burgers, salads and sandwiches, or stop in for dinner and be tempted by steak, fish or salads. And we can wrangle the heartiest appetites, 'cause we've got lunch and dinner Canyon Skillets, too. Be sure to save room for the Canyon Apple Pie!
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lots of fun, but not for the timid. The wait staff is fun and they play games with the kids. Food was good and is all you care to enjoy. It is a little pricey, but what isn't at WDW. My son did not care for the burger he got the waiter had a new special request meal made for him. Awesome Service! I really love the potatoes and the cheesecake dessert is awesome too.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge and ate here twice--once for breakfast and once for lunch. In short, this is a loud, fun place with great food! Is it overpriced? Sure, but what isn't at Disney?!? Our boys had a great time and our servers were awesome at interacting with them. During our breakfast, there was a pony ride, where kids got stick horses and got to walk around the restaurant while music played in the background. During lunch, the thing seemed to be ketchup. Anytime a table needed ketchup, the server would shout it out and asked if anyone had ketchup, and if you did, you were supposed to give yours to the table requesting it. It was all in the fun and the kids sort of got a kick out of it. Like all Disney table-service restaurants, if you have a food allergy, let them know and the chef will personally come out and discuss your options with you. It seems they can tweak a lot of the meals to accommodate the fool allergy.

For breakfast, I had the banana fosters french toast. It was sweet and I was only able to finish two of the three pieces, but it was good. My wife had a special gluten-free Mickey waffle, which she said was very good. The kids pancakes came with two large pancakes and sausage or bacon. My boys aren't big eaters and could have shared one kids meal.

For lunch, my wife and the burger with friend egg and a gluten-free bun and oh my, that thing was delicious! I had the salmon which was simply delicious as well. Both me and my older son went with the unlimited milk shakes and I really liked my caramel shake. They are thick and pretty good size, so a refill was not necessary making it an expensive shake.

In summary, great service, great food, on the expensive side, but would certainly go back.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

For what is one of many restaurants to choose from in the Waly Disney World , my family and I found it to be really good. First off, if you enjoy interacting with your wait staff this is one happy place.
I have been here several times to eat and have not been disappointed yet. The food is BBQ flavor and is extremely tasty.
Though it is family style eating, you do have a choice of many different things to eat along with plenty of choices of side dishes. Usually everyone will find something they do like.
Come try it, you won't be disappointed either.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with my family, daughter 10, son, 6. Food was pricey but really good and plenty of it especially if you order the skillet all you can eat-WOW! kids loved the bottomless milkshakes too!
Brilliant atmosphere if you have young kids and are not afraid of noise & organised chaos (in a fun way!). Our server was great even asking the chef to come out and speak to us personally due to our daughters nut allergy, which they catered for with ease. Fantastic staff couldn't do enough for you. Highly recommended.
Make sure you get your kids to ask for Ketchup!! Ha ha!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ate their all you can eat breakfast one morning. It wasn't buffet style, but trays were brought to your table as you requested. The food was good but very expensive. Breakfast for four adults and drinks was $100. Didn't return for that reason.