“What a hoot!”

Ranked #184 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge smokes up pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, corn bread and more that will satisfy any cowboy or cowgirl in the family.In this rowdy, family-style restaurant right out of the Old West, start your morning with a bang-up breakfast of favorites such as buttermilk pancakes, omelets or an all-you-care-to-enjoy Canyon Skillet.Later in the day, bring your posse by for lunch when we're serving up burgers, salads and sandwiches, or stop in for dinner and be tempted by steak, fish or salads. And we can wrangle the heartiest appetites, 'cause we've got lunch and dinner Canyon Skillets, too. Be sure to save room for the Canyon Apple Pie!
New York City, New York
“What a hoot!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everything has been said about this place...it's non-assuming, super simple and down to earth.

Our waitress was particularly loud, funny and goofy! We had to ask for ketchup just to join in on the fun and the girls were thrilled and tickled! They also have some wood horses for the kids to run around and have fun...think it was a race of some sort...couldn't understand what was being yelled. Then another waitress came by when my husband had just gotten a business call and yelled "quiet everyone quiet"...when everyone did, she pointed at him and yelled "he's trying to talk on the phone, but cant' hear anything"...That was hillarious!

The food....the food was SO SO good! My oldest could not have enough of the pulled pork and mashed potatoes...she had an entire dish to herself. Thankfully we got a refill. We ordered the herbed chicken, pulled port and prime rib. Green beens, corn bread and potatos come with the meats and were all very tasty.

My husband ordered Navajo bread with a tomato sauce and was really good too. Couldn't stop eating it. The soda there is a joke! They serve it in half gallon sized mason jar! The milk shake was also delicious, too bad I was too full to ask for more. The DDP includes dessert with our meal but we coudlnt' eat only but a spoonful to try it. We were not allowed to take it with us. Oh well.

I would definitely go back...its' a nice break from the park, a nice boat ride over, change of pace and ambiance...the lobby of the lodge is so dreamy and relaxing you might even doze off as I did.

• Visited February 2013

Miami Lakes, FL
“Expect to pay $300+ for 4 Adults & 2 Kids.. A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Rented at the campgrounds for the first time and was hoping to get a nice and fun dinner instead of me cooking for a change.

THE SERVICE: First and for most I must say that I cannot complain about the service. As usual you will be treated in Disney style and friendly service.

THE PRICE: However for the amount we paid ($310) the food was horrible. This is an "all you can eat" style and the charge is $29.99 Adults & $15 kids. Don't know about you but, we don't eat much. It appears as though they have done the research and have the all you can eat processed down pact. If you're familiar with the way your body processes food you will agree that if you eat a little bit now and wait 10 minutes, chances are you will not be hungry again.

THE FOOD: Therefore first they bring you 1 plate to share/sample the menu. Then they take a really long time to bring you the foods you would like more of. By this time you are barely hungry. On our second round we asked only for fish and chicken, and we received 2 tiny pieces of fish and 4 pieces of chicken to feed for adults and 2 children.

THE DRINKS: As far as taste, the best 1 is called "Magical Star" which comes with an ice cube that lights up and is a souvenir for you so feel free to take it. However there is supposed to be alcohol in this drink but, I guarantee you neither of the 2 that I drank how to drop.

THE ATMOSPHERE: Naturally Children have fun anyway they go especially when in Disney. At the Whispering Canyon Cafe tbey do a good job at distracting you from the highway robbery on your food by gathering the children every 15 min or so, handing them wooden stick horses and having them gallup all around the restaurant. The kids enjoyed it and it took away some of the pain from the food (lol).

THE KETCHUP: For those of you who do not want to be in the spotlight. Don't ask for the ketchup. They will take to your table like 9 bottles and make your table in charge of the ketchup until someone else needs it. At that point some table will yell loud for it and someone in your party will need to deliver all the bottles... I thought this was funny and cute, also another distraction for the food lol. But some people don't like to be in the spotlight.

SUMMARY: In summary this is 1 of those places that you go to once and never again. Frankly I wish we would have never gone at all I would have preferred to cook myself I would have done a better job.

1 Thank MARILYN0311
Christchurch
“Fun family dinner”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had dinner here with family. The food is bought to your table you choose 3 dishes at a time we had the chicken, beef and sausages all were good. There are also baked beans, potatoes and corn the kind of food most kids would enjoy and mine did. The deserts are small and I didn't find them very enjoyable especially the cheesecake but the bottomless milk shakes are great. There were many antics that people were engaging in yelling for ketchup and everyone had to get up and do the hokey pokey. It is a fun family evening I didn't see anyone getting hassled too much and its a good place to take kids.

• Visited October 2012
New York, NY
“Weird Place”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Their gimmick is "strange waiters" who have unfunny routines, yell, and make little sense at all. The menu is limited. To quote our seven-year-old granddaughter, "We don't ever have to go back there again, do we?" She's right on. Skip this place. Not a single redeeming feature.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank damg
“Most fun you'll have at a meal!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

What can I say!?? DELICIOUS food, awesome atmosphere and TONS of fun!! The wait staff is GREAT! They are hilarious and will keep you giggling the whole time you are there! They have wooden horse races that are a hoot for little kids! We went there twice this visit because it was such a yummy and fun place!!! One hint...don't ask for ketchup!

2 Thank Brittandkell