“Very nice dinner!”

Ranked #214 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The hustle and bustle for this restaurant makes for a noisy eatery, but the delicious recipes makes your trip here worthwhile. I had the fish special and husband had the lamb. We were both very impressed. The waitress, Nikolia, was very knowledgable about the menu and helpful about selections. Delightful evening meal!

There are newer reviews for Kona Cafe

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was good but the service was strange. The waitress started by throwing 13 straws and napkins on the table randomly. she didn't ask one member of our group of 6 what he wanted to drink and then did it again when we ordered food! We had to stop her and tell her she forgot him. A waiter came to our table with one plate of food and we could not understand what he was saying so he got angry. Turned out it wasn't for our table. Overall, worse service ever. The previous night we had sushi at the counter and it was not good . Not up to Disney standards!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Not crowded during late lunch. Wait time about 10 minutes without reservations. Service was prompt and attentive. We went for a late lunch before going to Mickey’s Christmas. We were pleasantly surprised! We ordered the Pot Sticker appetizer and it was delicious. My wife had the Kona turkey sandwich and I had the Island chicken sandwich. This was quite a flavor sensation. When hanging around Disney World, I would definitely try here again for lunch.

1  Thank ocean0808cruiser
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We've been here twice and I've had the grilled tuna steak each time, and I have to say, it is the best I've ever had. Perfectly cooked, not too rare or well done. The latest time, I wasn't too crazy about the side dish of vegetable tempura, it was a bit dry and I suggest substituting something else. Hubby had the scallops and was also very pleased with them. We took and break from MK, and took the monorail here for dinner. This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney.

1  Thank ivytiger
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Poly has a location that is hard to beat. Right on the monorail line, with boat and bus service to the parks and Downtown Disney. That alone would make the Poly a great place to stay, but the resort itself is a destination. Volcano Swiming pool, great dining, and the best view of fireworks at Disney. My husband, who was not thrilled about going to Disney prior to staying at the Poly, is asking when we can go again.

2  Thank chasadchick