“Great service, delicious meal (long wait)”
Review of Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe
Ranked #209 of 3,883 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere inside the Polynesian Resort, and the meal in Kona was fabulous.

The only dislike was waiting about 15 minutes after our reservation time, and being seated at a table that was empty the entire time we waited (we could see it from the waiting area).

2  Thank MaryEllen222

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was so excited to get back here after my last experience here about 4 months ago. We came here for breakfast, specifically for the Pineapple Macadamia nut pancakes. These things are out of this world good. Macadamia nuts are in the batter, and the cakes are topped with pineapple and macadamia nut butter...heavenly. Seriously, you don't even need syrup, and I'm usually one to drown my pancakes in syrup. These are just that good. I also am in love with the Kona press pot coffee here...it's the perfect accompaniment. My boyfriend ordered the Samoan for a second time and raves about it. I had a bite, and it was savory and delicious, but not as good as my pancakes! We normally have a reservation here, but I've been able to get a table without one in the past. I'd recommend a reservation though if you know for sure you'd like to eat here. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Cripey
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We recently returned from a Disney vacation and as a surprise for my two kids (11yrs old and 2yr old) i booked breakfast with the Disney characters. It was absolutely superb and highly recommend it. Upon arrival at 7:20am, we were greeted by staff and had a photo opportunity. We were then escorted to the Table, beautiful view. Very attentive waitress brought all the food and coffee/juices you could drink! Then the highlight, the characters arrived. The kids loved it, especially the autograph signing and photo opportunity. Magical experience and certainly one we'll never forget. The Hotel also looked beautiful and we are now seriously considering booking this accommodation next time. Proximity to Magic Kingdom is incredible since you are in the grounds and its simply a Monorail. Great job Disney :)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I are Florida Resident Annual Passholders. We live in South Florida and travel up to Disney once every couple/few months. Each and every time we go I MUST have breakfast at Kona!

I am addicted to their Kona French Press Coffee and their Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes. I dream about this stuff. I'm dreaming about it now actually.

Since we go so often we dont even need to look at a menu. We had reservations for 9:50 am on Monday 02/25 and we checked in right on time. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated, it was really busy this morning.

Once seated our server came over to great us and take our drink orders and I think we messed him up because we were ready to order right away. We both always order the Big Kahuna (Eggs (we always get them scrambled), bacon, sausage, ham, potatos, french toast, and PINAPPLE MACADAMIA NUT PANCAKES) as well as two glasses of water and a Kona French Press. He said that was easy enough and would be right back with our drinks.

We like getting the Big Kahuna vs. just the Pinapple Macadamia Nut Panckaes because its just the right portion of the pancakes and then we pick at the rest, where as if you just order the pancakes its like pancake overload to us. Plus I like to have a little bacon and sausage (the sausage here is my favorite sausage, its not spicy but almost sweet and if you dip it in some maple syrup its amazing stuff) so its a little bit of everything. I can never finish it all ever but I like the variety (I normally dont even touch the potatoes but they are delish), plus I mean it has PINEAPPLE MACADAMIA NUT PANCAKES!!! (Have I mentioned how amazingly awesome these are?? Cause they are sooooooo good!)

We got our waters after a little while but no Kona Press coffee... which is litterally so amazingly good, I like to have some time to savor it before breakfast is served. Best coffee ever, period, end of discussion. Serriously though, this is some special coffee and at $15/press, which ends up being just shy of 4 cups, it better be.

After about 20 minutes and unsucessfully trying to catch our waiters attention we are served our breakfast by a food runner and we had yet to get our Konna Press so we let him know. Our waiter came by and I expressed my dissapointment in not recieving our coffee. I really, really was looking forward to enjoying it before our meal. After another few minutes it was delivered.

The food was great as always, but the experience left me far from satisfied. The Kona Press is $15 coffee... this stuff isnt cheap and Im not leaving a drop on the table. Also, we always like to go down to Capatin Cooks after breakfast and grab some pinapple dole whips for our trip to whichever park we are going to, but now I had to ask for a to-go cup for my coffee and didnt want to drink coffee and eat a dole whip so I missed my dole whip. Which is highly dissapointing because if you've ever had a Dole Whip, well you understand, and if you haven't... what are you waiting for???

They ended up taking 1/2 the cost of the coffee off the bill (even though I didnt ask them too) so I am glad they did that, but I just dont know what was going on here this day.

We've been to Kona Cafe many many times and this is the first time everything wasnt perfect, so I still totally reccoment this restaurant!!!

Remember, if your doing breakfast at Kona, Kona Fresh Press Pot (dont get the Kona blend, that stuff is crap... well crap compared to the real deal), Macadamia Nut Pinapple Pancakes (try the Big Kahuna for some variety), and then head down to Capt. Cooks for a Pineapple Dole Whip for desert... you can thank me later!

4  Thank Stephanie G
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I booked tis restaurant last minute after all of the park restaurants were booked for the day. What a happy surpise! We were seated very quickly despite the fact that we were there well before our reservation time. My friends had the sushi and pot stickers which were delicious, and my coconut almond chicken was tender and delicious. The sirloin was also highly rated at the table as were the lamb chops and pork chops. The desserts were a highlight...particularly the banana-chocolate creme brulee. Excellent atmosphere, fantastic service!