“Good breakfast!”

Ranked #212 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The kids loved breakfast at the Kona. And they really loved their desserts too. Food was average but had some really good appetizers. Also has sushi that is fresh.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Best place for a family to stay at Disney! Themeing is great, staff is awesome and the pool was wonderful! And you can't beat the location and the view for MK fireworks! Well worth the money!

1  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The service was good and food was ok but the price was about $100 for two adults and one child. My husband had pork chops-ok and I had a steak-it was ok but not the best. Pineapple bread was delish with butter though! We settled for this because it was hot and O'hana's had no vacancies.
Not on my HIT again list by no means. If the prices were much lower it would but otherwise; not.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I guess I went there thinking it was going to be great, because of different reviews I read about it having the best dessert, and great food. The pot stickers to me were great, very different approach, my dessert was ok. Overall, my party of 8 just thought it was good. Nothing that was outstanding. Everyone was friendly except one girl at the front who didn't seem to want to be there and was just annoyed with the world.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We ate at Kona Cafe for lunch one afternoon. We had no reservation, and got in immediately. The waitress was amazing. She was very nice, and always checked up on us. I got a Angus Chuck Kahuna Burger. It was a huge burger, and came with a huge portion of sweet potato fries. They were the BEST sweet potato fries I have ever had. It was only $13.99 for the burger and fries. I think that is a great price for Disney food. Everyone else in my family got The Island Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries. I didn't care for the chicken. I thought it was extremely dry. It was a very loud restaurant, and the water tasted really weird.