“good food great atmosphere!”
Review of Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe
Ranked #216 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
NewMexico
“good food great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I made my reservations 180 days in advance and was set for early afternoon on the day of my arrival. One of my flights was delayed and made me miss my 2nd flight to Orlando. After rescheduling my Dining reservations for a later time. I was impressed they had availability. The food is delicious! With the atmosphere and sounds of waterfall made it enjoyable and peaceful. our server was very friendly and I was surprised when he brought out a personalized mini Birthday cake! I would definitely be back next year! 2012 Polynesian Resortis beautiful

• Korean first
“This is a deluxe?”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed there because husband had gone when he was younger. It looked like it probably did when he was there. Rooms dark and shabby. If u r on 1st floor you will hear everything above you and you can hear every word clearly from rooms next to you. They moved us to third floor and it was much better. We booked club and it was not worth it at all
we spent a lot of our offtime at quiet pool as volcano pool was packed all the time. Quiet pool was lovely. Location was great. We ate at gf and contemporary often. One update on quiet pool...when we went, the deepest part was 6'. It is now a little over four feet. Also at the time I smoked, they had a big ashtray next to garbage can; no place to sit. The grand floridian had tables with little ashtrays and umbrellas. Club level is NOT WORTH IT!

1 Thank gritreid
Asheville, North Carolina
“One word: Excellent”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

No matter what meal of the day you visit the Kona Cafe inside the Polynesian Resort, you will not be disappointed. While waiting to be seated (if you have to wait), you can visit the gift shop next door or even the lounge for a Lapu Lapu. (AMAZING!)

There aren't any 'hit or miss' items on the menus for each meals. Everything is delicious and flavorful. My personal favorites are the Tonga Toast at breakfast with a pressed pot of fresh Kona coffee and the Tuna Oscare for later meals.

We will be returning!

• Visited August 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“A great place for a taste of the islands!”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The surprisingly wonderful menu at Kona allows you to try a taste of the islands while still feeling as light as a tropical breeze. It's featured items are not super heavy or drowned in sauces to the point of weighing you down. Even my favorite dessert (chocolate banana creme brule) isn't too rich and makes the perfect end to the meal. But if you can stand to wait long enough to get to that, enjoy the rest of lunch or dinner first, starting with the Hawaiian bread and honey butter, which are sweet and fantastic. The best entree I've had is the almond chicken served with a wonderful salad and citrus dressing. It's tropical perfection! The service can be a bit spotty, with some staff better than others, but Kona is still a great option for fun and tasty food.

• Visited December 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great for breakfast, lunch, & dinner!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We thouroughly enjoyed our meals at the Polynesian Resort's 'Ohana and Spirit of Aloha Luau, but Captain Cook's 24 hour convenience, reasonable prices, and variety made it a perfect eatery for diners that want a great meal, but don't have a lot of time. Their breakfast tonga toast (thick sourdough bread that is stuffed with bananas, fried, and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar) was absolutely delicious & the adult grilled cheese sandwich with four cheese hit the spot! My husband especially liked their Hawaiian flatbread pizza and Polynesian chicken salad. As an added treat, I also enjoyed getting fresh Dole whips (softserve icecream mixed with pineapple juice) as a refreshing snack/dessert.

• Visited November 2010