“Amazing, as usual”

Ranked #218 of 3,828 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Kona Cafe infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American breakfast, lunch and dinner fare in Disney's Polynesian Resort. Indulge in the scrumptious cinnamon and banana-stuffed Tonga Toast or choose from a variety of more savory breakfast options like a variety of egg dishes and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.At midday, satisfy your hunger with an Island chicken sandwich and housemade sweet potato chips, shrimp and scallops, or other tasty entrees. Dine in the evening on delicacies such as a selection of fresh fish, grilled ginger-crusted ribeye steak or coconut almond chicken.As you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this Polynesian restaurant, feast your eyes across the onstage open pastry kitchen that prepares divine desserts. Kona Cafe offers authentic Kona coffee as a perfect pairing to these pastries, or as a rich addition to any meal.
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing, as usual”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

During a recent trip to the Orlando area, I had breakfast with a few family members at Kona. The service was prompt and friendly, the coffee was fresh and the food was amazing. I love the Tonga Toast! This is one place I make sure to visit any time I am in the Disney area. And this recent visit did not disappoint.

While the atmosphere is a little loud at times, it is never loud to the point that you cannot hear the people at your table when they speak, at least in my experiences there. There is something very cheerful yet relaxed about this place.

I am going to be back at Disney around Christmas and am really looking forward to my next breakfast at Kona.

• Korean first
Massachusetts
“Ask for Jerry”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Our family stayed at the Polynesian Resort. We made reservations at the Kona Cafe for every day that we stayed there. I tried the Tonga Toast after hearing so much about it on other reviews. It was delicious. Although I didn’t have it every day, instead I chose the Big Kahuna. It was good also, but I didn’t like the pineapple sauce they put on the pancakes. I ended up scrapping it off every time. The first two days we had Jerry as our waiter. He was excellent. He knew how to work the French Press of Kona Coffee so as to give you a perfect cup. We ordered the French Press pot of Kona coffee every day that we went there. The kids had the Mickey shaped pancakes.

1 Thank Moonlit_Knight
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Small, but nice”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

A relatively small restaurant, but if you avoid peak times, no problems. The meals are not your standard counter service and that was refreshing. You can get the basics, but the more unique choices were refreshing.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“TONGA TOAST!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We were staying at the Polynesian Resort and booked a breaksfast at Kona Cafe based on the reviews and recommendations to eat Tonga Toast!!!! They were not wrong, Tonga Toast is quite amazing, a very yummy eating experience that I just did not want to end!!!! Not easy to describe, so I wont, all I will say is go and try it!!! However - it was about $10.99 for Tonga Toast in Kona Cafe - yes it was worth it undoubtedly but one morning I went down to Capt Cooks quick service restaurant to grab some breakfast to take back to the room, and I discovered they did Tonga Toast here too, for half the price, but exactly the same size!!!!! So i ordered it and happily sat eating it on my balcony!! What I dont understand is the price difference. I know Kona Cafe is Table Service, but you pay gratuity for this right????? So how come Tonga Toast is double the price in this restaurant???? Answers on a postcard....!!!! Tonga Toast is amazing and worth every penny though, I have to say!!!!

1 Thank sarah c
Madison, MS
“Average dining experience”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Kona Cafe was my first Disney experience in nearly 20 years. Our extended family met at Kona Cafe for dinner. I was excited at first about the menu as I enjoy the sort of fusion cuisine they offer on their menu. We enjoyed the food and I thought the selection was pretty good as was the value. I felt the service from the check in to the wait staff was very forced, another reviewer said industrial and I think that would also be accurate. It didn't feel like Disney. The above was the highlight of my experience with the Polynesian, it went downhill from there fast. I wrote a review on Trip Advisor detailing my experience with the resort overall but i'm not sure that it falls within the bounds of a review since we didn't stay in the resort. Either way something needed to be said, management needs a severe shakeup and Disney needs to renovate the place. I will still recommend Kona Cafe for the interesting selection and food quality but I think until they address the resort overall i'd definitely advise looking elsewhere on the Disney property.

• Visited July 2011