“A Rare Five Stars From Me...”
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #40 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We dined at Narcoossee's with friends over the weekend. We dine here a couple times a year, and it is one of my favorite places to go because of the atmosphere and view. A couple years ago, we realized that the service wasn't that great, and we started sitting at the bar and dining there, as Charlie who runs the bar is great. Well this time since we were with friends, we had to sit at a table, and while I went into it with lower expectations, I must say that our service from Tom blew me away. He was great in every regard and really made our evening. The food, was great, and we certainly were not disappointed with our selections. There have been times in the past where I felt like the value simply wasn't there at Narcoossee's, but this was not the case on this visit.

Of course, having a window table was perfect for viewing the fireworks, which was a great cap to the evening. I look forward to returning to Narcoossee's soon, and hope for the same great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Dinner with wife on 11-10-10. Knew it would be expensive, but we were looking for a fine dining experience. Disappointed hardly describes it. Our particular server was terrible! She was inattentive and, quite frankly, didn't seem to know what she was doing. Odd for a restaurant attempting to portray an upscale image. Food was fine, but nothing special. View of Magic Kingdom from the restaurant is awesome. TIP: try the Red Lobster and/or Lone Star Steakhouse in Lake Buena Vista. Short drive, but well worth it compared to Narcoossee's.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

On our most recent visit to WDW, we ate at Signature Restaurants every night of our 8 night stay---while I love their surf and turf, and water view their service leaves something to be desired.

We stayed during my birthday and this was noted on all my reservations, but the table they gave us initially was terrible! Since there WAS a clearly available window table, we asked for that one. It was made very, very apparent that this was a huge imposition. They ultimately gave us the table, but madeus wait (even though it was ready for an additional 10+ minutes.

Our server was clearly annoyed by this and painfully inattentive. Though it was not terribly busy (he was more often than not chatting away to the clearly more VIP table next ot us), we had dirty plates sitting in front of us for a very, very long time---in fact we saw our main courses taken back to the kitchen because of all the dirty plates!

That said, the food's great and I'd still come back on my next WDW trip--but it surprised me, because everywhere else the service is mind blowingly good. And I'm very forgiving about these things, I work in the business and have been a server for a long time.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

We had booked a package for our Disney holiday that included the Disney Dining Plan for free and as this restaurant is billed as one of the signature restaurants we booked it for our anniversary meal.

The restaurant bills itself as a fine dining experience and will use up 2 credits per person on the Dining Plan. The dress code is smart casual but unfortunately this is not enforced at all.

I had lobster and creme brulee and my husband had surt and turf and cheesecake. The entrees were not much to either look at or taste - my lobster and vegetables (2 pieces of asparagus) were lukewarm to cold. My husband said the surf and turf was OK but we both enjoyed our desserts.

Service was OK, but certainly not what I would have expected from a signature restaurant.

Yes, being able to sit at our window table and view the fireworks (the restaurant dim the lights and pipe in the music) was very nice but if we had not had the free Disney Dining Plan I would have felt ripped off having to pay approx $230 for a substandard meal.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We popped in to this restaurant because the beach grill was closing. I thought it was going to be fancy and stuffy. I was thrilled to find that will this restaurant is very nice, it's not stuffy and there is something for everyone. I loved the hot bread served w/ butter that has Hawaiian Sea Salt mixed into it and I LOVED the crab cakes. This restaurant qualifies for the Disney dining plan - though I don't think we ordered anything that qualified (appetizers, alcoholic drinks...). All good stuff and I would return again.