“Great Food, but Service is a Bit Snotty”
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #37 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Portland, OR
“Great Food, but Service is a Bit Snotty”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

On our most recent visit to WDW, we ate at Signature Restaurants every night of our 8 night stay---while I love their surf and turf, and water view their service leaves something to be desired.

We stayed during my birthday and this was noted on all my reservations, but the table they gave us initially was terrible! Since there WAS a clearly available window table, we asked for that one. It was made very, very apparent that this was a huge imposition. They ultimately gave us the table, but madeus wait (even though it was ready for an additional 10+ minutes.

Our server was clearly annoyed by this and painfully inattentive. Though it was not terribly busy (he was more often than not chatting away to the clearly more VIP table next ot us), we had dirty plates sitting in front of us for a very, very long time---in fact we saw our main courses taken back to the kitchen because of all the dirty plates!

That said, the food's great and I'd still come back on my next WDW trip--but it surprised me, because everywhere else the service is mind blowingly good. And I'm very forgiving about these things, I work in the business and have been a server for a long time.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We had booked a package for our Disney holiday that included the Disney Dining Plan for free and as this restaurant is billed as one of the signature restaurants we booked it for our anniversary meal.

The restaurant bills itself as a fine dining experience and will use up 2 credits per person on the Dining Plan. The dress code is smart casual but unfortunately this is not enforced at all.

I had lobster and creme brulee and my husband had surt and turf and cheesecake. The entrees were not much to either look at or taste - my lobster and vegetables (2 pieces of asparagus) were lukewarm to cold. My husband said the surf and turf was OK but we both enjoyed our desserts.

Service was OK, but certainly not what I would have expected from a signature restaurant.

Yes, being able to sit at our window table and view the fireworks (the restaurant dim the lights and pipe in the music) was very nice but if we had not had the free Disney Dining Plan I would have felt ripped off having to pay approx $230 for a substandard meal.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent staff and I loved the crab cakes!”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We popped in to this restaurant because the beach grill was closing. I thought it was going to be fancy and stuffy. I was thrilled to find that will this restaurant is very nice, it's not stuffy and there is something for everyone. I loved the hot bread served w/ butter that has Hawaiian Sea Salt mixed into it and I LOVED the crab cakes. This restaurant qualifies for the Disney dining plan - though I don't think we ordered anything that qualified (appetizers, alcoholic drinks...). All good stuff and I would return again.

Mid-Atlantic
“First Class!”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This place was amazing! The chefs,waiters,waitresses, bartenders & host/hostesses love their jobs. The food was sooooooooo good. Surf & Turf was unbelievable! Appetizers were delicious. The Creme Brulee(both coconut & key lime) and the almond crusted cheescake were great. Our waitress was the most attentive person we ever had. She made the whole dining experience.We highly recommend this place & would love to eat there again in the future. Try this place. You are sure to love it. We sawthe Magic Kingdom fireworks from our table & also watched the electrical parade float by.

Boston
“Not what it use to be.”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We come here every year to dine. Sometimes twice a year. Food there was great every year. We were there Sept 2. Ordered surf and turf like always. Steak was great like always, but why the hell would u advertise Maine lobster? It was warm water lobsters. My wife and I barely touched it. Our waiter who was a German man by the name Amer. Saw the plates, obviously overworked and did not say anything. I saw the manager followed him to the kitchen. But did not come to talk to us. At that point I felt ripped off (not like it was the first time in Disney). I had to step out while my wife paid. Don't get me wrong. Its a nice place to see the fireworks while u dine. Beware of the mosquito problem the have inside and out.
I did call Disney and their excuse was they ran out of Maine lobster and had warm lobster for back up. They also said most people would not be able to tell. But someone like myself who is from north would. What the hell is that? Don't take my word and don't believe the reviews. Find out for yourselves. Good luck dining here and have a magical day!