“Not what it use to be.”
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #40 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We come here every year to dine. Sometimes twice a year. Food there was great every year. We were there Sept 2. Ordered surf and turf like always. Steak was great like always, but why the hell would u advertise Maine lobster? It was warm water lobsters. My wife and I barely touched it. Our waiter who was a German man by the name Amer. Saw the plates, obviously overworked and did not say anything. I saw the manager followed him to the kitchen. But did not come to talk to us. At that point I felt ripped off (not like it was the first time in Disney). I had to step out while my wife paid. Don't get me wrong. Its a nice place to see the fireworks while u dine. Beware of the mosquito problem the have inside and out.
I did call Disney and their excuse was they ran out of Maine lobster and had warm lobster for back up. They also said most people would not be able to tell. But someone like myself who is from north would. What the hell is that? Don't take my word and don't believe the reviews. Find out for yourselves. Good luck dining here and have a magical day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed August 27, 2010

We went through great effort to coordinate a reservation at this restaurant only to be dissapointed.

The service was extremely slow- and not "fine dining" slow... slow as in drawn out 1 1/2 hours from appetizer to entree.

Once the food arrived, the filet mignon was overcooked and the lobster tail room temperature, not hot.

We paid for our salads and drinks then left to enjoy the park after 2+ hours wasted. We ended up eating "park food" so that the kids could enjoy the park before closing vs staying and waiting for them to correct our food.

On leaving the restaurant we decided to mention our dissatisfaction to the manager and, frankly, didn't get any satisfaction. We did get what seemed like a generic apology but nothing more.

1  Thank safetyfirsttraveler
Reviewed August 17, 2010

They have the best bread anywhere. You have to go just for the bread. It is a rather upscale place, which is nice and rather unique for the average disney guest. Mickey Mouse is a bit more grown up and toned down, so I'm not sure i'd bring small children. You can see Magic Kingdom from here, and if you eat a late dinner you can go outside and watch the fireworks

1  Thank laureashley322
Reviewed June 22, 2010

On our most recent Disney World trip, my wife wanted us to try to go to a lot of new restaurants, as she is tired of Disney. The night before we went to Narcoossee's, we ate at the Bistro de Paris, and that meal did not go well (see my separate review), so I was nervous that Narcoossee's would be a dud too. Thankfully, it was the anti-Bistro. The meal price was around the same. However, at Narcoossee's had no pretentious decor, no pretentious waiters, and no lousy food. We had reservations for dinner when the place opened, and we had a peaceful table overlooking the water. The dining area is large and open, but there was not a lot of noise, and not that many kids (probably because for those families on the Disney Dining Plan, Narcoossee's is a 2-credit meal). The food was very good - one of th etastiest meals we had. One caveat here, however, is that one of the fish items on the menu is served whole - head, tail, etc. When it comes out, it looks like a fossil from the stone age and is very gross. Our waiter warned me away from it, as he said that some diners don't get the warning and send it right back when they see it. Narcoossee's is very easy to reach from either Epcot or the Magic Kingdom, as it is in the Grand Floridian which is on the Disney monorail line.

1  Thank GoPenguins
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Narcoossee's is an excellent place to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks in comfortable style. The restaurant is in a round house on the shore of the lake looking out at Cinderella's castle.

The first impression of the restaurant is of an elegant seaside dining spot. The furnishings are plush and comfortable. The service is top notch. Of course, you ARE at the Grand Floridian so such class is to be expected.

The food left nothing to be desired. Their famous Surf and Turf lived up to its reputation and was truly wonderful. They offered a specialty dessert that was colorful and well presented. It was also rather tasty, being a Key Lime cheesecake.

Everything about the evening, including the wonderful fireworks display was magical. I would definitely dine there again, especially for a special occasion.