“Wonderful meal!”
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #37 of 3,776 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Columbus, OH
“Wonderful meal!”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I was actually kind of nervous about eating at Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian resort after reading some of the reviews on here. I had absolutely no reason to be! Everything here was absolutely amazing! First of all, the staff was wonderful. We walked in and the hostess handed us our pager, so we went to go sit down at the bar and wait for our table. The bartender was incredibly nice, and although he was busy, he made it a point to talk to us while we were sitting there.

My husband left to go ask to hostess if we could have a table with a view of the Magic Kingdom (since the fireworks were going to be that evening), and she made sure we had a great table. (I didn't know he did this until after we were seated!) We ordered the crab cake appetizer, and it was VERY good. Once our appetizer was cleared, Wishes (the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom) started. My husband checked with our waitress to see if it would be ok if we watched it from the restaurant's deck. She said no problem, and that she would hold our food back for us. The view of the fireworks show was fantastic!

After we came in, I used the restroom. When I returned to our table, our food had been brought out. I got the Tuna, and my husband got the red grouper. The tuna was among the best that I had ever tasted! It was wonderful! My husbands' Grouper dish was fantastic as well.

This was one of the best meals we had all week during our visit to Walt Disney World (only trumped by Victoria and Albert's!). I would 100% recommend Narcoossee's for a fantastic meal, great service, and wonderful ambiance!!

1 Thank marisuz28

Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful resort and great service, especially at Narcoossee's Restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

9-9-09

My wife and I just returned yesterday from a 5 night stay at the Grand Floridian at Disney World. I took my wife to Disney for her 40th Birthday, which was last Friday and also our first full day at Disney. We visited Epcot first and then Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios over the course of our stay. Everyone was wonderful both at the Grand Floridian and all of the parks. Everyone was helpful, efficient and always had a smile on their face.

We did however experience some exemplary service from one individual during our stay at the Grand Floridian. Vicky Thompson the Area Manager for Narcoossee’s went well above and beyond to help make our experience that much more wonderful trip. I had made reservations at Narcoossee’s online a few weeks before our arrival for dinner at 9:30pm on the actual day of my wife’s birthday. I had also ordered a birthday cake with my wife’s name on it to be delivered after dinner. The morning of her birthday, I went over to the restaurant and picked up one of Vicky’s business cards. Later that afternoon I called and left her a message that we had reservations for that night and I wanted to surprise my wife with a very nice bottle of champagne when we arrived for dinner. She called me back very quickly and was able to accommodate my request. A couple of hours before dinner, I stopped by the restaurant to ask her if I left my camcorder with her if she could have one of her staff video my wife’s reaction to the champagne when we arrived. She again was great and was able to help me, as a matter of fact; when we were seated she herself was operating the camcorder for us. My wife was very surprised and we had a wonderful dinner, the cake came out on queue. I asked our waitress if they could save the champagne bottle for me to take home. I wanted to add it to our collection of bottles from very special occasions with my wife over the years. After we had finished the champagne our waitress took the bottle and brought out bag with the bottle boxed up for traveling home with me. Through the excitement of the evening, the champagne, dinner, watching the fireworks from the deck of the restaurant and the birthday cake, I left the restaurant without the champagne bottle. It was the next morning before I realized I had forgotten the bottle, I think the champagne itself may have had something to do with my forgetfulness. In a panic, I called Vicky and left her a message that I had forgotten the bottle and if by chance it was still there if she could send it to our room. Again she came through, as the bottle was delivered to our room later.

Two of my wife’s aunts joined us at the Grand Floridian on Sunday and we hadn’t finalized any dinner plans. After the great experience we had on Friday night at Narcoossee’s I thought I would stop by Sunday afternoon to see if the four of us could have a late dinner there and watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from the deck as we had done on Friday. Unfortunately there were booked, as many other people also wanted a late dinner there. I called Vicky to see if she could squeeze us in for dinner that night. I also wanted to thank her for her help with my wife’s birthday dinner and saving and sending over the champagne bottle I had left at the restaurant. I was pretty sure there would be nothing she could do about dinner that night, but it never hurts to try. Again, without any hesitation she said to be restaurant at 9:30pm and she would make sure to get us a table. We got there and she came over to the bar to greet us. A few minutes later we were sitting at a table for dinner. My wife, her two aunts and I had a great time. Again dinner was great, the fireworks were great and the all of the staff at the restaurant were spectacular.

Because of the great experiences we had been given on our previous two visits, my wife and I returned a third night and had a very nice dinner sitting at the bar.

My wife and I travel several times a year and this was by far one of the best experiences we have had. A lot of that had to do with our wonderful experiences at Narcoossee’s.

Thanks again to all of your staff at Disney World and a special thanks to Vicky Thompson at Narcoossee’s for helping me provide a great birthday celebration for my wife

1 Thank MBCB46037
blackpool
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

the food was oustanding and to watch the fireworks while eating here was just magical. i will be going again without a doubt. it was the just amazing 10 out of 10.

1 Thank shelleytIMMINS
Portsmouth
“The best food EVER!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We loved this place.
Our waitress was SOOooo good. And helped my fussy 11 year old find some thing to eat.

Had duck spring roll to start it was fab. then lobster YUMMY. Best ever.

we were on the Dining plan so cosy didn't matter!!

will go back here in the future

1 Thank pepsi123
Oahu, Hawaii
“Average food, noisy, and terribly slow service.”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My wife, 12 year-old son and I dined at Narcoossee's on 7/28. While the view out the windows is very nice, the attmosphere is noisy with tables very close to each other. We throroughly enjoyed the very rich and crab-thick crab cakes and some of the best calamari we've had in years. For dinner we ordered Halibut, and two Surf and Turf plates. The halibut was very tasty, a big thick piece of perfectly cooked fish was delivered. As for the surf and turf, the filet medallions were average, and the lobster tails seemed a little rubbery (overcooked). We've had better at many chain restaurants for less money. Now, on to the service...After an amazing meal and service at the California Grill the night before, we were expecting the same caliber of service this evening. We were surprised at the lack of attention our waiter paid us. We often had to ask for drink refills, as well as silverware after both dinner and desert arrived at our table. The most memorable moment of the dinner was when my son asked aloud how long it was going to take for him to come back and take our order after the waiter dropped our dessert menus at the head of the table. When a 12 year-old recognizes that service is slow, there is something wrong.