“Downhill”

Ranked #36 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Reviewed January 21, 2014

As someone who lives in Orlando, my experience at Narcoossee's in December was lacking. I have been to Narcoossee's multiple times, and have been impressed. This time the menu was dull, the choices were limited, and the food was basic. The food was better than what you might get in the theme park. Although they served a grouper on their menu that is not labeled as a non sustainable fish, I will not eat grouper. I think a company like Disney should be conscious of what they are serving, and do what is possible to serve the best possible choices in seafood. I highly suggest going to the Grand Floridian if you are visiting Orlando. Narcoossee's has a lake view, and the restaurant location is one of the best. If you aren't picky with your menus and have a larger food budget, then this may be a place for you. People are normally dressed somewhat nicer than tshirts and shorts when they go to Narcoossee's, and you can wear nicer clothing. My feelings are that Narcoossee's should consider improving their menu choices and the food. Local business might improve for them if they offered a different menu and improved the food. Narcoossee's has had different menus before, and they were more diverse than what was on the December menu.

There are newer reviews for Narcoossee's

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'm so glad we were on the Deluxe dining plan from Disney or we might have skipped this place because it is pricey. For two meal credits, I enjoyed a wonderful lobster tail and filet mignon meal. What a treat!

We sat by the window and were able to watch the electric parade on the water while we ate our meals.

Also, it is very easy to access this restaurant. Just take the ferry over the Magic Kingdom. First stop is the Grand Floridian, right by this restaurant.

My kids liked the make your own smores dessert.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant for a quiet romantic dinner on site at Disney. I found the steak (NY Strip) to be excellent and service few nice. The best time to dine here is later during the Water Electronic Light Parade on Seven Seas Lagoon with a window table after 9pm. They are also well known for their seafood dishes. Narcoossee's Signature Mashed Potatoes - with Smoked Applewood Bacon and Onions is awesome.

1  Thank 2014travelexpert
Reviewed January 18, 2014

While visiting Disney World in January we ate at Narcoossee's on two occasions. On both occasions the food was excellent and the staff very professional and friendly. The restaurant is located on the lake at Disney's Grand Floridian resort. I highly recommend this restaurant. Dan

1  Thank Dan H
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I had read lots of reviews and was a little nervous about spending money for a place that might not be worth it. But we were thrilled! I am a Disney freak and wanted the nice atmosphere mixed with Disney magic.
I made reservations for my husband's birthday, Jan 5, 3 weeks in advance and we could only get a 9pm seating. The Wishes firework show starts at 8 so I really wanted to see that seeing as we weren't getting to visit Disney on this trip. Since we were there on a Sunday night I think it wasn't as busy as it usually is. We arrived about 7:45 and got checked in. I asked the hostess if we could wait for a table with a view of the water. She asked if I wanted a view of the Magic Kingdom and of course I said yes! We went up to the bar for a drink. The bartender was awesome. I'll drink a little wine, but not being knowledgeable, he allowed me to sample 4 wines until I found something I liked. When we got our drinks, the show started. The lights dimmed inside and the music started. My husband and I made our way to the wrap around porch on the water to watch the fireworks. The music matches up exactly with the show and we just Loved it!!
Soon after the fireworks, we were seated. We got seats for the best table in the house and got in about 25 minutes before our original reservations. Our table was magnificent. I loved the view of the water, Cinderella's castle directly ahead of us, as well as the light show on the water.
Our food was great. I ordered a bowl of the lobster bisque. Beautiful. So smooth and creamy. My husband ordered the New York strip with lobster and I ordered the filet. Both were amazing. I read some reviews that the lobster wasn't great. But my husbands' was amazing. He even ordered the wine that paired with his meal (we were going all out haha). Our steaks were cooked perfectly and tasted great. Our server was attentive and friendly. Since it was my husband's birthday, they brought him a complimentary dessert, the almond encrusted cheesecake. This is prepared super fancy, what people who eat at elegant restaurants would expect. And the cheesecake was topped with a happy birthday sign which is actually white chocolate. We were very impressed! Without knowing that's what they were bringing my husband, I ordered the same dessert. Mine was bigger (since his was free) and it was devine.
If you don't want any Disney, then perhaps this isn't the place for you. We saw newly weds in there with their Mickey and Minnie bride and groom hats. And yes kids were still there at 8 and 9pm. But it isn't overly Disney. I didn't see Mickeys head (if it's there I didn't catch it) and the waiters didn't act silly. The restaurant is it's own building. The atmosphere was relaxed "grand Floridian" but we still had a romantic evening. I wore a cocktail dress and my husband had a black jacket and slacks. Others may not have been as dressed as we were but I didn't notice too much. We were enjoying ourselves.
I told my mom that she and my dad Have to eat here when they visit Disney next. I loved the atmosphere, the service, the food, the view. With 3 drinks, soup, 2 entrees and one dessert, the meal ended up being around $175. (The steak and shrimp is about $75 but it was his birthday!) So yes, it's pricey, but we were happy!

5  Thank Russellsgirl