“Great food. Great atmosphere. Allergy reaction this time.”
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #36 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I love narcoossee's one of my favorites. I have eaten here at least eight times. Harvey was our server in july great waiter! Chef jeff is an amazing chef with a great bubbly personality that is contagious. This time chef jeff was off for the evening and a suos chef was working. The food was close. I have one small complaint. I have celaics and many allergies. To many to list. I have never had a reaction with chef jeff is working. This time I had an allergic reaction. It was maybe gluten and iodine reaction I had to take multiple medicines and go back to the room and sleep. My husband couldn't take the kids out cause he is a medic and I almost needed my epipen. The chef did come to the table and check on me and was concerned. I think the new salt may have been the culprit. I usually cannot have the sea salt cause of the iodine. I asked several times was told it was a new salt it would be o.k. The only other thing I can think of is either the gluten free roll or the steak was cooked near seafood. The food great but not worth the reaction. The fireworks at great and atmosphere is always so nice. The chef jeff always makes a dressing for my son and me that is gluten and seafood free. Sadly, I was looking forward to this since july and the allergy made it a little disappointed. I will go back but I will ask for a night when chef jeff is on so as to not have a reaction or I will skip it next time. This is a great signature dining and If you can get a reservation don't miss it.

There are newer reviews for Narcoossee's

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We go every year to Food and Wine for our Anniversary and always make Narcoosses our Special dinner out. This year was very special as it was our 30th. Our table wasn't ready but that was not a problem as the place was packed full and was very chaotic and noisy. When we were seated 30 minutes later, we were pleased with our table and beautiful view. Our waitress was very good however the food was somewhat disappointing I ordered the pasta with lobster and rock shrimp it was just warm and there was more tomatoes, and spinach to the elusive lobster and shrimp. My Husband was pleased with his steak but the prices were high to the presentation and preparation of the usually very good food there. Our special occasion went unnoticed to previous visits with a special sovenier menu, and special desert offered in other words its was a bit of a let down. I blame disney dining plan for this as it takes the special dining to a level of not so special.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have been thinking of going here for our last few trips to Disney as big fans of Blue Zoo for fish so normally go there, so this time we gave it a try. The food is very good and a wide menu but it just misses on style and a "grown up" atmosphere overall. I may have selected poorly but the food is very rich so watch for that. Glad we tried it, it doesn't beat Blue Zoo for fine dining from my point of view but it is a great setting on the water with great views of the castle and the fireworks and I think works well for families maybe.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

It is very hard to get a table here so make reservations way in advance. My family of 3 tried and failed on a walkin basis to get in the first night of our stay. We tried again and were lucky enough to get a table at the bar. Thanks to MARCOS who took excellent care of us. I would say the ahi tuna was the best individual dish I had during our disney trip. We also enjoyed the fireworks show during dinner. They let you get up and watch from the deck outside. It is great. Remember to book way ahead even if you are a hotel guest.

1  Thank gwera
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had read mixed reviews of this restaurant prior to our trip but had high hopes that it would be a fantastic meal. I was not disappointed. The restaurant overlooking the lagoon feels intimate and special. I have to say the food is some of the best at Disney and possibly any restaurant. The crab cakes and bisque soup were excellent. The halibut was great and perhaps the biggest surprise the ribeye steak was the best ever. It was better than Le Cellier in Epcot which also has a really good ribeye. I think it was even better than the ribeye served at the Peabody in Memphis, TN which previously held the record for best steak in my book. I was slightly disappointed with the butter poached lobster tail but it was still good. Dessert is also excellent. We tried the strawberry angel cake and the almond crusted cheesecake. The baked chocolate mousse is very rich with a nice dark chocolate flavor. Stick with one of the other desserts if you prefer something lighter. I will definitely be going back on our next trip!

1  Thank DwnSouth