“Great place to see the fireworks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's
Ranked #42 of 3,749 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
“Great place to see the fireworks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Dinner here 10/2. Best service I have received at Disney, ever. I wish I could remember the gentleman's name. Lobster bisque was fantastic...and I am really picky about that, being originally from New England! I didn't think it would be much, but I was wrong. Steaks were perfect. The server made my son a special birthday dessert on the house, without even being asked. Then we moved outside to watch the wishes fireworks to piped in music. I think it's even better than watching from the top of the contemporary. Prices are a bit steep, even for a luxury dining experience, but it was a great meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RonaBu

Charlotte NC
“Great dinner, excellent server”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful meal among friends on our last night at Disney. But the meal was made with the humor & good cheer Amer, our server

1 Thank pos1235
Houten, The Netherlands
“Good food and beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a very popular restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort. We had made a reservation in advance, but still had to wait a long time before our table was available. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is good, but you may expect so for the price they ask. What makes it really great is that you have a great view on the fire works at the Magic Kingdom.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Henny M
New York City, New York
“NIGHTMARE AT NARCOOSSEE'S”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Below, please find an email that I sent to Guest Communication Services at Walt Disney World regarding our experience. We never received our meal at this restaurant, so I cannot comment about the food. I hope this gives some insight into our experience.... Citrico, Coral Reef, and California Grill are much better options for dining at WDW. Narcoossee's is quite a distance from the Grand Floridian's main building and has lovely views of the waterfront as well as Cinderella's Castle and the Contemporary Resort. The interior of the restaurant is nothing to write home about - but the view is lovely. If you are coming from the monorail or the hotel lobby, this restaurant is a considerable walk. Average cost of entrees on the menu is approximately $40.00 per entree. Here's the email I sent:
To Whom It May Concern:
I regretfully am writing to report an event that I cannot believe happened during our family's Disney vacation. Having dined in the last 6 days at Coral Reef, Hollywood & Vine, California Grill, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Citrico to name a few, and scheduled for Chef Mickey's tomorrow the 26th of September, we were anticipating another fabulous experience at Narcoossee this evening. Tonight - Sept 25th - is our final night at Disney World. Due to monorail service disruption earlier at approximately 8:00pm - voltage on a line was problematic - we arrived late to our 9:05pm dinner reservation at Narcoossee at The Grand Floridian. We arrived approximately at 9:27pm but were asked to sit in the waiting area to be seated. Our party of 4 was seated at approximately 9:45pm. We wondered why we were kept waiting since the restaurant had only a couple of tables with guests dining. We quickly placed our order as our 2 1/2 year old was getting sleepy and the adults were all anxious to eat dinner. After 35 minutes, when our appetizer did not arrive and we could not locate our waitress, and our son had already fallen asleep, I approached the podium to find out the status of our meal. There was no cast member in sight and no one to explain to us the cause of the delay. I also could not locate our waitress. I finally found my waitress who apologetically advised that she had forgotten to place our appetizer order. The kitchen looked somewhat inactive and I am not certain if our entree orders had been placed either. Both my husband and our child's nanny were quite upset and wanted to leave the restaurant. It was past 10:30pm at this point- so I went to the hotel front desk to find out if there were any other places serving food at that hour and to speak to a manager to discuss this unpleasant experience. I spoke with two cast members at the front desk who were both very kind. They contacted Rebecca L., the food and beverage manager of Narcoossee. Ms. Lewis advised the front desk cast member that if I wanted to speak with her, I would have to wait an additional twenty minutes for her to "have time" to speak with me. With my family already waiting and given the fact that it was very late, I requested to speak to the manager by telephone from the front desk. I explained the unfortunate dining experience to the manager on duty, Rebecca Lewis. Instead of receiving any sort of apology, I was reprimanded for our late arrival and told that waiting a minimum of 35 minutes a "signature dining experience" was not unreasonable in her opinion. While we never mind waiting for a delicious meal and live in New York City, a culinary mecca, where we dine out regularly at fine dining establishments with our two year old in tow, the customer service and overall dining experience we received was completely unacceptable. Ms. Lewis had no apologies or consolation for the fact that our appetizer was never ordered or for the fact that we were left completely unattended to for 35 plus minutes and that not a single cast member had stopped by to check on us. The restaurant was practically empty, so we know that it was not an overwhelmingly busy evening. The disrespect, lack of courtesy and disgraceful customer service exhibited by Ms. Lewis is something I have never experienced at Disney, let alone at any fine dining establishment. Our last evening at Disney has been ruined and my poor 2 1/2 year old went to bed tonight without a proper dinner. Since we are staying off property at a private villa, the staff at the hotel front desk was unable to offer me any accommodations for this unfortunate experience. I have to say, that it has left us with a very unpleasant memory. Ms. Lewis certainly behaved like a Cruella Deville. We had been saying all week that next time we visit Disney- we would certainly opt for staying on property because the experience is so much more magical, the people who work for Disney are so wonderful, and there are a few luxury accommodations on Disney property currently that would suit our fancy. We are scheduled to dine at Chef Mickey's on September 26th. I am truly hoping that tomorrow's experience is much better and respectfully request that some sort of accommodation be provided to us for our breakfast, at the very least.
In addition, I urge your department to take immediate action to remedy Rebecca Lewis' behavior towards guests. Not only is Ms. Lewis' poor managerial skills apparent in her direct interactions with guests, but they are clearly reflected in the way the servers and other cast members attend to restaurant guests. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and have a magical day!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Rachel Z
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good for allergies, the electrical water pageant, Wishes and a bit of spoiling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our daughter has multiple severe food allergies - she had fabulous food here and they ran around the resort for a dessert when she said, "No, thank you" to their first offerings.
This is a real favourite at WDW (visited August 2012 also - we came back, many times!). The signature dress code is respected, there are celebrations left, right and centre, the electrical water pageant goes by (cheesy, I know, but my absolute favourite thing about WDW) and Wishes is beautiful viewed from inside / from the outside walkway (complete with piped soundtrack).
The food's great, the service is great - a bit of chic Disney magic.

Visited August 2013