“Meh”

Ranked #37 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Meh”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went to Narcoossee's for one of our honeymoon dinners with high expectations. I felt it was not worth the money and our trip certainly did not live up to these reviews. Our waiter was just meh and seemed uninterested in us. Not sure if it was because we are younger looking or what but the other tables got more of his attention. Oh well..... I was ready to tip generously if the service was fantastic instead his tip was meh. The couple next to us had a fantastic waiter though.

I ordered the filet migon and it tasted as if it had been bathed in sea water all night. But I never eat salt so maybe it was just my tastes. Certainly not worth the $43.

I left disappointed but maybe my expectations were too high.

• Visited June 2013

Salisbury, MD
“The Gazebo is always a good place to eat.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Chevy was our server. I started with a Maker’s Mark Manhattan (9.50) while Lyd had a glass of Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut Champagne, Reims NV (15) to go with her North Carolina Buttermilk-fried Oysters (16) with Buttery Brioche, Southern Apple Slaw, and Red Rooster Remoulade. I had the Prince Edward Island Mussels (18) with tomato-white wine-saffron broth with chorizo, shaved fennel, red onion, and toasted baguette. With a bottle of Fess Parker Riesling (39) we both moved on to the Two-Pound Steamed Maine Lobster (75) with whipped Boniato potatoes, broccolini with hazelnut gremolata and Siesta Key Spiced Rum-Vanilla Sauce. Chevy correctly assumed we would like clarified butter instead of the rum-vanilla sauce and brought us an ample supply.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RetiredAnalyst
Orlando, Florida
“An Anniversary Dinner To Remember”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We wanted to eat at WDW for our anniversary dinner. The cast member at WDW Dine suggested Narcoossee's at the Grande Floridian. We hadn't been there in years. What a wonderful surprise. It has an intimate feel and it was quiet. The main eating space flows in two rows around the bay windows that overlook Bay Lake directly across from the Magic Kingdom (MK). We booked a late reservation so that we could view the MK fireworks from the restaurant. When it was time for them, the lights in the restaurant were dimmed and the music complete with narration was piped in directly as if you were actually in the MK. The meal was cooked to perfection. And as a surprise, a delicious chocolate almond cheesecake with cheeries was our dessert.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carolyn M
Grimsby, Canada
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Took my son here for a birthday celebration. Wonderful view of the Magic Kingdom and the Wishes Fireworks show at night. I had the salad with peaches and lobster for dinner and my son had mussels and fish. Both meals were excellent. Our server brought out a cake I had ordered specially for my son and made quite the fuss over him. The cake was way too big for the two of us, so my son generously offered the remainder to the staff who were thrilled at his generousity. This restaurant is very nice for couples or families with older children who want to take their time eating with a gorgeous view. I saw some families with younger kids who just don't appreciate the fact that this type of establishment is meant for you to take your time eating (an hour and a half is normal).

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ukydancer
Orlando, Florida
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I went in February for a late Valentine's Day, early Anniversary dinner.

We arrived and were sat almost immediately. We were lead to a seat by the bar but it was noisy so we requested a window seat. The staff said they might not be able to help but low and behold we were sat by a window literally right across from the castle.

From the moment we arrived everyone acknowledged both our anniversary and my food allergy. The waitress had the chef come over and I was so happy to hear that 98% of their menu could be made gluten free.

I ordered the fried calamari as it was made with corn meal and it was by far the best I've ever had in my life.

The food was amazing all around. Gluten free is usually plain and boring but the chef gave it taste and it was wonderful.

The fireworks started at 9 and the location lowers the lights and pipes in the music from Magic Kingdom. Usually the wait staff will check on you throughout the evening but she didn't come over during the fireworks which was very nice.

At the end of the evening they gave us a complimentary dessert to take home and a copy of the menu which said Happy Anniversary on it.

This location books 180 days in advace especially if you want to dine around the fireworks time, so book it early.

• Visited February 2013