“Best meal at Disney”

Ranked #38 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Narcoossee's serves a spectacular selection of fresh seafood at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A Signature Dining restaurant, Narcoossee's offers dinners with a coastal theme—seared grilled scallops, crab-crusted halibut, grilled wild king salmon and steamed whole Maine lobster from North American waters.The menu at Narcoossee's appeals to a range of tastes. In addition to seafood specialties, it also includes filet mignon, chicken breast and vegetable dishes. Be sure to save room for the mouthwatering desserts, such as the key lime crème brûlée and the almond-crusted cheesecake with Lambert cherry sauce.Fireworks Viewing From Our VerandahNarcoossee's sits on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon in an airy, eight-sided pavilion. Make your reservation after nightfall so that you can enjoy spectacular views of the Wishes fireworks show in Magic Kingdom theme park from Narcoossee's restaurant!
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was a wonderful relief from most of the the food we suffered through at Disney.
Even on the meal plan it was well worth two meals. The filet and lobster were delicious. On many occasions I have wished I were back there eating again. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Even my 10 year old loved it.

4  Thank Ann C

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went with family to Narcoossee's in late May for dinner on a Thursday. We made reservations that morning and could only get a 9:00 reservation. We decided to get to Disney a couple of hours early and walk around and take photos before dinner. I had never been to the Grand Floridian and was very impressed with the hotel and grounds. This hotel is definitely for those over 40, which is fine with me. They had a full jazz band playing in the upper part of the main lobby area. Great touch; I could have sat and listened for hours, but we had dinner reservations. This restaurant actually sits on the water so many tables have a water view. We ended up walking in around 8:15 and told them we knew we were early, so we'd wait at the bar. We only sat at the bar about 14 minutes and were seated. The drinks we did have at the bar were perfectly made (kick butt lemon drop, perfect with little ice crystals floating on top) by a speedy and friendly bartender. Once at our table, we asked when the fireworks began. We were told around ten. Just enough time for a relaxing meal. Our waiter was efficient, but moody and even made a slightly smartass comment when I asked for bread. Honestly, everything else was so good, I overlooked it. We had bisque, crab cakes and the cheese plate for starters. All were excellent. For the entree, I had the halibut, which was fantastic. The sauce had tiny bits of bacon which made for a deliciously smokey flavor - super yummy. The fireworks began just as we ordered desserts, so I ran out to take some pics. The walkway aside the restaurant affords one a great view for picture taking. There were only about 10 people out there with me. The show was very nice. Afterwards, as everyone was walking back into the restaurant, a little girl behind me said, "Daddy that was awesome; thank you so much for bringing me here." An old lady next to me began to hum, "When you wish upon a star." I felt like I was part of a commercial for Disney; I have to admit though, it made for a sweet memory. Back at the table, my family was enjoying the coconut flan and some chocolate dessert. Both were amazing, and I must say that flan was the best flan I've ever had. Did I mention their coffee was pressed at the table? To die for - a high quality cup of joe.
Although I didn't stay at Disney this visit, the experience of walking around this hotel at sunset, the jazz band and the great dinner makes me really want to come back and stay here.

4  Thank LTKING
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the grand Floridian for our honeymoon and decided to dine here and we were not disappointed. Beautiful magic kingdom views . I ordered crab cakes to start and they were delicious for main I had the lobster with Parmesan pasta and it was spectacular ! The best part of the meal was dessert , melt in your mouth coconut creme brûlée - awesome . They even went to the bother of decorating our dessert plate with 'congratulations' and a picture of a castle , and gave us a free glass of champagne . Very attentative staff, delicious food , Disney ... So need I say more x

3  Thank Bap5225
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went on a date with my wife while the kids were at the "Never Land Club" at Poly. The restaurant at the Grand Floridian is beautiful, sits right on the Seven Seas Lagoon, looking directly at Magic Kingdom.

The food was delicious, my wife loved her cheese plate, the surf and turf, and the cheesecake for dessert. I also had the filet and lobster tail, it was amazing. I would rank the filet as one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. I also really enjoyed the warm chocolate mousse. Further, the wine flight was great.

The service was not outstanding, the food arrived promptly, but our server was not much of a conversationalist. Oh well, we went for the food and it was great!

Would definitely recommend and I look forward to returning.

4  Thank KCL78
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Went with my fiancée to celebrate our engagement and it was top notch. Food was unbelievable, I had the peach salad & shrimp scampi, she had steak. I would recommend all of them. They surprised us with complementary champagne, strawberries, and a mini cake that said congratulations. It really made our night extra special and it is something we will always remember. Also there is gorgeous view overlooking the water with the castle from magic kingdom in the background. Highly recommend !!!!

3  Thank mavsanthony