“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hue - CLOSED

Hue
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summerlin Avenue
Orlando, Florida
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After following the signs from the parking garage my husband and I walked to the outdoor patio area of Hue. We were meeting friends who hadn't arrived as of yet. There was no outside staff so we entered the actual building. Again, no one approached us so we seated ourselves at an outdoor couch at which time we were basically asked what we were doing. We explained we were meeting friends and gave the hostess the name of the party on the reservation. She confirmed the reservation and we remained seated until our other guests arrived. As we entered the restaurant it was not busy and as a prior poster previously stated I don't think a reservation was really needed. We were seated in a far back room which had no other guests. The server brought out a beautiful bread basket with a rosemary/sea salt butter. I ate a sour dough roll which was fresh and warm. There were other bread options as well which I didn't eat but members of our party did and enjoyed. Upon the arrival of our food each entree that was ordered looked fantastic. Our group ordered the lamb, salmon, steak and grouper. They were beautifully presented and everyone enjoyed their entrees. We also opted for dessert. Our party ordered a vanilla bean ice cream, fresh berries and a chocolate lava cake. I shared the chocolate lava cake with my hubby and it was outstanding. The chocolate center wasn't too rich or sweet. It tasted like home made pudding.
The only con I can really site is the staff. Initially they were aloof and at times quite rude. When a member of our party inquired about an item on the wine list he was told that they didn't serve "grocery store" wine. I was mortified since the gentleman happened to be well versed in wines and also because he was our guest of honor. Eventually our server settled in and provided good service but first impressions are everything. I also thought that the staff and their uniforms were quite unkept. Not dirty but sloppy. I am a local and ate here at the suggestion of our guests. I must admit that had I seen the staff first and followed other reviews on TA I would have never eaten here. The management needs to bring the staff, their appearance and their uniforms to the same level as the food the chefs are creating in order to have continuity and further their motto of "eat, drink and be local".

• 2 of 5 stars

Rochester, New York
“We thought the food was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We started by sharing the calamari. We both liked it, but we were more impressed by the coulis and aioli sauces that came with it - both different from what we've had and both delicious. My husband had the chicken and absolutely loved it. He seldom orders chicken in these kinds of restaurants and he was very impressed at it's tenderness and flavor. I had the ribeye and thought it might very well be the best steak I've had in a restaurant. Perfectly cooked to my liking. I like a true medium (not medium rare - which I usually end up with if I order medium), and it had just the right shade of pink without being bloody. Our waiter was super knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful.

“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice atmosphere, well prepared food, but it was just nothing special. I had salmon and it just didn't have much flavor.

Visited August 2012
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were looking forward to a nice anniversary celebration dinner and had checked Urban Spoon and other reviewer sites for a good recommendation. Previous reviews of a great place for food and service must have been a an earlier period of this restaurant's history. We arrived early about 5:30 pm and we were only the second customers of the evening. The hostess was pleasant enough and although we had reservations, we obviously didn't need them. Our waiter arrived after about ten minutes and never introduced himself or advised us of any specials. I ordered wine, but there was a large obvious lipstick mark on the wine glass which I requested the waiter to choose another clean glass before serving my wine. He seemed a bit put out by this inconvenience. Again, there was only one other occupied table in the restaurant at this time. The menu looked interesting, but feeling somewhat like an inconvenience to the waiter, we opted to start with appetizers play it by ear. I ordered a portobello pizza which was tasty and a good size portion. My husband ordered duck tacos. He says they were delicious and unique. I think our waiter only came by one more time to ask if we needed anything. We opted not to have dinner after all and decided to check out other places in downtown Orlando with a better vibe for a night of celebration.

• 2 of 5 stars
“Sit outside I'd u can”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Had the duck breast with asparagus Rosetta. It was fabulous. The rassberry sauce was excellent and the risotto was salty but I have a salt tooth. Also had the tenderloin and shrimp with bucotini the shrimp are huge and the beef cut like better. Would be nice to have a better pre-meal bread choice but I'm being picky