“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympia

Olympia
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,199 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sue Ann St
Description: Olympia has been family owned and operated since 1979 serving the finest in Greek cuisine in a friendly and authentic atmosphere . OPA !
Camiguin, Philippines
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate at Olympia on Valentine's Day. While we had reservations for 7:30 p.m., we decided to try and go early and then take in a movie. We arrived at about 5:30 p.m. and were seated immediately. The service was exceptional, too.

We had an appetizer and, realizing the size of the portions, asked if it would be okay to share an entree. This was not a problem, so we chose the Hercules Platter. I consisted of an array of Greek specialties and was huge! I cannot imagine one person finishing this plate.

Then, a belly dancer appeared...a very nice surprise. The show was nice, yet unobtrusive.

All in all, a very nice experience!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Jake E

USA
“Can't ask for anything better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Okay so we found this restaurant by means of yelp. We read the reviews and thought we would try it. Well we used open table for our reservation. We got here and didn't need it. Place was moderately busy. Make reservation Friday or Saturday if you want to eat at 8 pm because they have belly dancer and seats around her can fill up fast. My wife had the Olympia platter and she absolutely loved it. The only down fall was that she wished she could eaten more. I had the gyro platter which was amazing and we know Greek food. We had the flaming cheese and was by far some of the best. I also had the horitki salad which was great. Our server Yulia was awesome and told us they have $4.95 lunch specials we will be back soon.

3 Thank Nathan K
Orlando, FL
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a very weird experience here. I still do not know if the server was not well trained or just insulting on purpose. I asked for a bottle of wine and he brought it opened with the cork on a side. I told him I would not accept an already opened bottle and that I wanted the bottle opened in front of me. I think that that is a very fair request. He said that he would bring another bottle. A moment later, he came back with the SAME bottle! The only difference was that they had put the cork back into the bottle. He just left the bottle on the table and left without opening it. At this point I was steaming but I tried to keep a calm attitude. Just to make sure, I decided to try and open the bottle myself. The cork popped out so easily that ha 5-year old could have done with one hand.

I called him again and told him that he had brought the same bottle. To add insult to injury, he replied that it was a different bottle. I am a wine lover and I have opened hundred of bottles (I keep the corks in a big container at home) and I know the difference between an open bottle and one that is not. Then I told him I would not pay for that bottle and asked a different one, this time SEALED, and I wanted it opened in front of me. He finally brought a new bottle but again, he left it on the table.

I was unable to enjoy our meal because of such a poor service. I wasn't asking too much but it seems that he was determined to not do his job.

It is a pity because food was good. My motto is "a meal without wine is not a meal". So having had such a bad experience with the server is deal breaker for me. Because of this incident I decided not to ever come back here. They need to learn a great deal about customer service.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice experience - good food, attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have lived in this area for many years, and have passed Olympia countless times. I decided to go someplace new after church yesterday, had been thinking about a Greek meal for a few days, and had a coupon for a free salad & beverage. Choice made.
I was greeted immediately & warmly. I was the only diner, other than a small family that seemed to be friends or family of the owners. The restaurant was somewhat dimly lit, which set off the murals of Greek ruins, and some dimensional elements; soothing Greek music was playing at a comfortable listening level. Tables were nicely set, with wine-colored cloths covered with paper; napkins attractively folded on bread plates. The china has Greek motifs on the edges.
Soup of the day was a tasty, homemade lamb avogolemno. The salad was typical Greek, very fresh, and not that small. A basket of warm rolls & butter was brought. I had selected the Olympia platter - moussaka, a dolmade slam large slice of roast lamb with lamb gravy, served with rice & fresh green beans. Portions were generous & everything was quite good. I did add salt.
Service was attentive & friendly; my iced tea was never empty. The coupon wasn't needed, as complimentary salad & drink were the daily special. I left full & rested, feeling as if I'd been a guest in their home. We'll be back.
Belly dancing on Fri. & Sat. Nights, I believe.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank stitchcat73
Dover, New Hampshire
“Best Greek food in c. Florida. Trust me, I've tried em all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just gotback from Greece, looking for something to rekindle the memories. Have tried a llll the Greek restaurants in the Orlando area, none were anything to write home about. Until I went to Olympia. It's fabulous, authentic and homey. Cute atmosphere, amazing food. Highly recommend.

2 Thank JoyfulTraveler85