“Very nice experience - good food, attentive service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olympia

Olympia
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #862 of 3,631 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sue Ann St
Description: Olympia has been family owned and operated since 1979 serving the finest in Greek cuisine in a friendly and authentic atmosphere . OPA !
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice experience - good food, attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have lived in this area for many years, and have passed Olympia countless times. I decided to go someplace new after church yesterday, had been thinking about a Greek meal for a few days, and had a coupon for a free salad & beverage. Choice made.
I was greeted immediately & warmly. I was the only diner, other than a small family that seemed to be friends or family of the owners. The restaurant was somewhat dimly lit, which set off the murals of Greek ruins, and some dimensional elements; soothing Greek music was playing at a comfortable listening level. Tables were nicely set, with wine-colored cloths covered with paper; napkins attractively folded on bread plates. The china has Greek motifs on the edges.
Soup of the day was a tasty, homemade lamb avogolemno. The salad was typical Greek, very fresh, and not that small. A basket of warm rolls & butter was brought. I had selected the Olympia platter - moussaka, a dolmade slam large slice of roast lamb with lamb gravy, served with rice & fresh green beans. Portions were generous & everything was quite good. I did add salt.
Service was attentive & friendly; my iced tea was never empty. The coupon wasn't needed, as complimentary salad & drink were the daily special. I left full & rested, feeling as if I'd been a guest in their home. We'll be back.
Belly dancing on Fri. & Sat. Nights, I believe.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank stitchcat73

Dover, New Hampshire
“Best Greek food in c. Florida. Trust me, I've tried em all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just gotback from Greece, looking for something to rekindle the memories. Have tried a llll the Greek restaurants in the Orlando area, none were anything to write home about. Until I went to Olympia. It's fabulous, authentic and homey. Cute atmosphere, amazing food. Highly recommend.

2 Thank JoyfulTraveler85
Orlando
“Awesome place, cant wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I decided to come back to Olympia restaurant just to see if it was as much fun as 15 years ago. So I made reservation for a party of 10 to have my birthday party there. This one was the one to remember. From the wonderful waiter who eagerly made great recommendations to exotic belly dancing show to us dancing the night away - everything met and exceeded our expectations. This tiny tucked away restaurant is the one to discover. All my guests enjoyed the food, the ambience, the fun, the courteous staff - everything was a 10!!! We are seriously considering coming back again soon and having a New Year Celebration there.

4 Thank nlobova
mt dora fl
“Terrific !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I hadn't been to the Olympia in over 7 years so I didn't know if it was still at the former high level of excellence . I am happy to say it was even better than I had remembered! The decor was very tasteful giving you a great Greek theme throughout, the service was very kind and professional, the food was just tremendous in every way and the entertainment, if you go during one of the nights of the shows, was great and definitely put a smile on our faces! We drove over one hour to enjoy our evening and it was more than worth the effort! To my knowledge, it is the only authentic greek restaurant in the tri county area and one to not miss ! They can accomodate a sitting for two or a large group eager to experience not only a fine meal but a very entertaining evening! I encourage you to dine here to see for yourself that quality and value are still alive and well in the greater Orlando area!

2 Thank finediningenthusiast
Orlando, Florida
“Family Owned & Operated since 1979”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

I saw a review for this restaurant and thought I should add my 2 cents.

According to someone else's review, the Olympia can not survive as a Greek restaurant, therefore, they play Spanish music. This restaurant has been owned and operated by the same Greek family since 1979. Passed down by father to his sons, these gentlemen continue to please the crowds that have come into this restaurant faithfully for the past 29 years. I challenge this person who wrote this previous email to find another Greek restaurant in town that has been open longer.

Additionally, you'll find several patrons in the restaurant that come in every single weekend. Greeks and non-Greeks alike! These patrons dance and often request other styles of music. Spanish, Greek, American, etc... The owners simply cater to the requests of their customers and that is how they've stayed in business this long.

If you haven't been there, go and try any of the entrees, have a glass of wine and be prepared to get out of your chair and dance. You will definitely feel the urge!

4 Thank MHornVass