“Great Service - Great Food”
Review of Emeril's Tchoup Chop - CLOSED

Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Universal Boulevard
Description: Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Bernard Carmouche, Culinary Director, and Lee Kaleel, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Upon entering the restaurant, I was a bit surprised at how smaller the place looks from their pictures on the website. We were readily seated since we had made reservations a month ago when I made my reservations at the Royal Pacific hotel. We had very attentive servers who catered to our every need. Service was definitely efficient. We did not have to wait too long for our food to arrive. I would say that the food was also of good value. For the price of each meal, quantities are definitely abundant. The taste of the meals were exquisite. I ordered the scallops and shrimps and it did not take too long for me to clean those off my plate. My husband had grilled prawns on skewers and that was fabulous as well (I had to try a little bit since it looks so good). My son ordered some chocolate covered strawberries and that I think was the best value of all – for just $7 you get huge strawberries covered in premium chocolate and smothered with whipped cream (deelish). General Manager, Jeff has personally made sure we had a great time. This is it – look no further, if you want dine on great food with great service.

Reviewed June 14, 2009

The new Chef Greg Richie has turned Tchoup Chop into a "Shining Star". We were amazed by the flavors of his unique dishes and his attention to detail. The passion is shared by the entire staff upon entering the door on through to the dessert course.
It was a completely new and wonderful experience from our last visit.
We look forward to returning and enjoying one of their fabulous Martini's at their Tiki Bar.

Reviewed May 23, 2009

I've never eaten his food but a few TV viewings suggested a bit of heat and excitement in his cooking. Well, other reviews are spot on about the decor and service (both excellent) but the food was a major disappointment. Bland and by the numbers. Both Asian and New Orleans food demands chili - but everything was safe and sanitised. Well, just like Orlando, I guess...

1  Thank dave_reeder
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Beautiful looking restaurant, however some of the staff seemed only interested in getting you out as quick as possible so they could get more tips form bigger spending conference attendee tables! food lukewarm. Was so looking forward to trying this place but would not return.

1  Thank ollowood
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Food was so salty it was inedible. Service and waitstaff were completely disinterested in customer satifaction. The meal from start to finish (including the wine value for price) was an huge disappointment and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, even thouse staying at the Royal Pacific Resort.

2  Thank trips67