“Love Thai Thani!”
Review of Thai Thani

Thai Thani
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Thani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
St. Augustine, Florida
“Love Thai Thani!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Found out they are a chain of some sort, since they have a property in Channelside in Tampa. They also have a connecting Japanese restaurant just like in Tampa, but in Orlando they have a high-end steak and seafood restaurant slap bang in the middle. Somebody has some money!!!

I was ALWAYS impressed by Thai Thani in Tampa, and the one in Orlando, although larger and obviously catering to thousands more tourists who don't know what good food and/or service is/are, was great as I expected.

We shared a couple of appetisers, Indian-style Samosas and Chicken Satay (fairly boring yes, but they were good), and then had a Seared Steak entree, and a Spicy Chicken Basil entree. All the food was good, and we ate every last bite. My only minor complaints were that I asked for it 'All The Way'' hot and it was nowhere near super spicy, and when I asked for the spice tray the server was reluctant to go get it, and muttered under her breath. My meal came out before my ladies', and it was cold, so I sent it back unfortunately. They both came at almost the same time after that :)

When the spice tray came, when we both had our meals, and our drinks were refilled, we were happy as Larry and had a lovely meal.

Will continue to go to Thai Thani at any location.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ukadamski

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Beautiful interior, good Thai food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here. Service was good. Interior was beautiful. Had pad thai and thai iced tea. Thought they were good, not the best Thai food I've ever had but definitely tasty. Very reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Good Food, Great Decorating”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked here, mostly because it was giving away 1000 points on Open Table. When we walked in, I was taken aback by how beautifully decorated the large open room was. There were a lot of neat things, that I hope were authentic Thai, to look at.

The prices were very reasonable at about $15 per dish. My only complaint would be that there is no coconut rice on the menu. This is the only Thai restaurant I have ever visited that didn't have it. We shared a couple dishes. The green curry was fantastic. We had ours with beef. They will make any dish as spicy as you like. Given that green curry can be quite spicy at mild, I didn't ask for it above that level, but I wish I had. I would have liked it a little spicier. We had a cashew chicken dish as well that was very different than what we expected, but still good. It wasn't what we know as cashew chicken. It was more bitter and spicier.

Given its proximity to Sea World, and the quality of its food, I would highly recommend this place. Traffic around it is nuts, though. We were happy to wait out rush hour with a good meal and some drinks.

• Visited March 2013
Washington, DC
“Slightly Americanized, but still good”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Get's really good reviews, so depends on if you've been to Thailand or not. The Papaya Salad is good, but slightly less fish sauce/dried shrimp(or zero) than traditional food, so they have westernized most things. That said, the Crispy whole snapper was good, but small, so we had to order a second. My in-laws did not love their Pad Thai nor Drunken Noodles with seafood, but probably because they were americanized a little. I did not try, but everything I had was 3-4 stars worth of quality, especially considering the non-asian patrons they typically serve.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JeffWDC
El Paso, Texas
“Just okay.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food at this restaurant was rather boring and salty. Thai food usually has more flavor. The Thai iced coffee was too sweet. The restaurant and waiters were nice though. The restaurant has Interesting decor and plenty of it.

Visited March 2013