“Kinda Average”
Review of Wolfgang Puck Cafe - CLOSED

Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife enjoyed this restaurant during a previous visit so we booked a table an 1 1/2 hours before the Cirque du Soleil show. The place was not busy at 430PM, so we thought we were fine. The service was very slow even. It seems they had trouble figuring out whose section we were sitting in. It took 25 minutes to get water after we sat down. It took another 10 to receive our drinks from the bar. I ordered the bruchetta appetizer. The bread was not toasted and served cold. It was not crunchy as I expected. I also ordered the pumpkin ravioli which was served with no garnish. The presentation was very sad looking. However the 5 raviolis were tasty. I was expecting a much better dining experience and I was simply underwhelmed. We spent $100 with two drinks, two appetizers, and two entrees. I expected more for the money. I doubt we will return.

3  Thank HoosierDady
There are newer reviews for Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have eaten here on 3 occasions (Sushi area and then in the seating area). The food is good but not exceptional. The Sushi is very good and the crab cakes excellent - Piza was OK. Sign-up to FB and you can see when they have certain deals on.

Its good for what you want but nothing to blow you away.

2  Thank seanpg
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The story is easy to understand. Any place at Disney does not care about the food or service. Disney is a tourist trap. What we ordered was served cold and the service was the worst.
The name Wolfgang Puck might draw people inside but lets face the truth the people who visit Disney should be aware of the rip off of all the places there. The waiter comes over and starts to ask you all kind of stupid questions. I would suggest you stay away from this so called restaurant and find another. Disney has created a monster and they do not care what prices anyone charges. Of course for most people the food might be fine. If you are from Nebraska from the farms than go there and enjoy the cold overpriced food.

1  Thank TRUTHISGOLDEN
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Even though we made reservations beforehand we still had to wait about 15 mins to get seated. The service was standard. We ordered a traditional margherita pizza as a starter and it was honestly one of the best pizzas I have ever tasted and I have been a few times to Italy. it was a simple thin crusted pizza topped with very fresh ingredients. For, my main dish I ordered pumpkin ravioli and again I was not disappointed though the portion size was a bit small. The ravioli was filled with a slightly sweet pumpkin puree and topped with pecans. I would go here again!

1  Thank NomadicR
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had made it clear to the hostess we wanted to be seated in the dining room, only to be taken to the cafe area. After telling our waitress we wanted the dining room, we were told that it was over-booked. We decided to try the cafe menu. Our waitress was obviously new and had no clue about anything. My husband ordered a dirty martini, which was great. However, upon arrival of the bill, he was charged $5.00 for the olive JUICE added to the already $10 martini- it would have been nice for someone to tell us they charged $5.00 for olive juice...
It took forever for our food and drinks to come. The table was never set properly- I had to steal salt and pepper from another table, among other things. The sushi was good, but the rest of the food barely gave McDonalds a run for their money. Very dissappointed in our experience there.

2  Thank becky h