“A fun dining experience”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #274 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed June 19, 2014

At 6:30pm we were told there would be a 2 hour wait and we have an 8 yr old so that wasn't an option. We chose to dine at the first come first serve Lava Bar which overlooks the lake which was nice. Food is average but the waiters and bartenders were awesome and I enjoyed the view. After dinner we took my son through the restaurant on a tour and he was disappointed he didn't get to eat inside....maybe next time. We had the ceviche which was too citrusy and too salty and the Kobe sliders which were cooked well done which was disappointing.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,681)

Reviewed June 19, 2014

By the time we reached Animal Kingdom, it was breakfast time and we were extremely hungry. Luckily, this place was right at the entrance and had little to no crowd. We waited for couple of minutes to get a table and it was right next to a waterfall. Our Son was not even interested to sit. He strolled around the "rainforest" to checkout all the flora and fauna tucked away in the setting, getting excited whenever the ambiance came alive, every few minutes.

Our waiter was very helpful. Our son had the "Kid Cha Cha Wild Waffle" while I had "Pie of the Viper". My wife opted for "Breakfast Sliders". Once we got the dishes, we realized this was a lot of food. The serving size here was enormous and we had enough left over for lunch that day.

The ambiance is very unique, food is tasty and service is great. We will definitely go back to this place again, albeit ordering less food.

1  Thank SuryaSG
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had high hopes for this place. It looks attractive and fun on the outside, but our dining experience was less than great. The bathrooms were clean. The whole idea of eating in the rainforest is fun, but every 20 minutes there was a "thunderstorm". The lights get dim, you hear thunder, see the lightening flash, all the fake animals start cawing and crowing and trumpeting and making crazy amounts of noise. The whole place was noisy anyway (loads of people, waterfalls, random animal noises). It was just over the top crazy. We also had a long wait just to get in, then a long wait for a server to appear, then a long wait for food, and finally a long wait for the bill to come. And this was at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. Go figure!
We needed gluten free food too. The server brought out a chef to talk to us. They did have some GF pasta and my kids loved getting GF mac & Cheese. But we paid $8 for a small bowl of mac & cheese and a handful of grapes. Ouch. I ordered a salad (iceburg & romaine lettuce, a few other veggies, and grilled chicken. It was very tasty, and cost $16. Ouch. I would not come back here.

1  Thank Lizzie010149021
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited the Rainforest Cafe prior to seeing La Nouba at Downtown Disney, and without a reservation were pleasantly surprised that a table was immediately available for five of us. Although slightly disappointed to find said table was on the "very edge" of the restaurant area overlooking the shop. Somehow it's always nicer to be located centrally within the area, especially for a themed restaurant.
That alone wasn't enough to disappoint however. What was, however, was the standard of service and food which can only be described as "adequate". It's not that we didn't get what was ordered, just that the waiter seemed a tad disinterested - just doing the basic job without going the extra mile. At a themed restaurant like the Rainforest cafe I know you pay slightly more for the setting, but that should also mean cheerful and helpful waiting staff and good service. I don't think we even got refills for our sofas - I probably could have flagged someone down and asked, but that's not really the point! It was a meal of somehow.... nothingness.... then we paid the cheque. Who knows if we'll go again, especially since there are plenty of other dining options at Downtown Disney.

1  Thank MRunnicles
Reviewed June 18, 2014

the visit to rainforest cafe was great it was my 4th but my husband's first after my convincing him that it is a great restaurant we did visit and he was very impressed,he had the salmon which he said it was his best ever,we topped it off with a volcano which was to die for..I would sure tell folks any time you visit Orlando do visit Rainforest Cafe.