“A Great Server Saved this Review!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #257 of 3,749 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Chattanooga
“A Great Server Saved this Review!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had dinner at this Rainforest Cafe. Caesar Salad with Shrimp and Coconut Shrimp Dinner. The Caesar was pretty good but the Coconut Shrimp was AWFUL. The batter was the most blah batter I've ever had on shrimp. The shrimp were on skewers with a thick batter that was tasteless - no coconut flavor whatsoever (cole slaw that I got with them was very good). We've had the nachos and the BBQ wraps at the Animal Kingdom RFC so I know some of the food is very good in these restaurants. Our server is the day saver in this. He was excellent. I like my tea very sweet so although the bar does not use simple syrup, he mixed me hot water with sugar to go into my tea and he brought me more when he refreshed my tea. This is a fun restaurant to dine in with the thunderstorms, noisy elephants and gorillas so all in all, a good place to eat. Maybe just an off night on the coconut shrimp!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Ixonia, WI
“Loved the atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This was a really neat restaurant! My kids loved all the animals and the thunder storms! Like others said, it is a bit noisy but what else you you expect it this restaurant. It didn't a affect our experience. The food was great! I had a burger which was so good! Juicy and great flavor. My husband had the rib/shrimp combo plate and really enjoyed it. He loves their BBQ sauce. My kids both had the burger sliders and gobbled it right up and usually they are not big eaters. We would definately go back. Only negative was the check in, they were a bit disorganized but it was busy too. Make sure to watch the volcano "erupt" outside, so cool!

• Visited January 2014
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Cool experience for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Whilst at Downtown Disney we ventured into the Rainforest Cafe.

We decided to to take our four year old into the restaurant as she had never been before.

We had great service from the off from our server.

Our food was delivered quickly and tasted really good, with the typical large American size portions.

The atmosphere with all the animals coming to life and the rain/thunder storms are typical Disney.

I can't complain about our visit, the food was presented well and tasted great, the only gripe was that it was a tad on the expensive side, but hey, it's a Disney vacation after all and you have got to expect the inflated prices.

Put it this way I never had anything to eat again for the rest of the day we were all completely full up!!!

• Visited February 2014
Hardeeville, South Carolina
“Always a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Yes this place is extremely loud it is soooo good. I've been at times where I've had to wait for half an hour and I've had times where I barely step foot through the door and we are seated immediately, even before the 3 groups that had been waiting for a while. Timing is always a hit or miss and never complain at the wait unless friendly service accompanies it.
Every time I have gotten a plate there, I've loved it. The salads are amazing and huge and the sizzling salmon that is served on a wooden plank is superb. I have stuffed my face past the point of return with the island dish more then once. Of course no meal would be complete if you didnt also partake of dessert and this place has a killer name VOLCANO. While it does not look like anything to be scared of, kindly remember you have just devoured an appetizer big enough for two and an entree that I'm positive you also got a container to take the rest home in. This confection is a chocolate cake shaped like a volcano that has ice cream hidden inside and lava that spews forth topped nicely with a sparkler.
I think this place is worth it and the price is very reasonable. Service is good. Also the room comes alive after every rainstorm so if you have children that spook easily, I suggest another place to enjoy your meal.

• Visited March 2013
strausstown
“Delicious food and exotic atomosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Be prepared to experience thunderstorms, gorillas howling, fish swimming all around you, and their famous "volcano" dessert! They have a variety of entrees on their menu, from sandwiches to full course meals. Nice gift shop on the premises. Located in Downtown Disney. It's a must-stop, especially for children!

Visited January 2014