“Very good but a bit pricey.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #257 of 3,744 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
“Very good but a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food is great, the atmosphere is very fun, but the food is pretty pricey. Our waiter was very good and the chef was great! I have a peanut allergy and I wanted the salmon, but it had something on it with peanuts or some sauce made with peanuts. Since I mentioned my allergy when I made reservations, the waiter knew about my allergy. When he heard me say that I wish I could eat the salmon, he asked the chef to come out and the chef offered to make me the salmon any way I wanted it and said he would be sure it didn't come into contact with peanuts. Disney is always so accommodating to those with allergies! The salmon was great as were the veggies!

My aunt decided to buy a Volcano (a yummy dessert!) and the 4 of us split it. It's a HUGE brownie that is yes, in the form of a volcano, and has chocolate and caramel syrup surrounding it and is topped with ice cream. Although it's $20, it's HUGE. The 4 of us could barely eat all of it but I will say that it was worth the money!

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pattaya, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked well in advance for a table before we reached Florida as this was a special occasion for our daughters birthday. When we walked to the main door the man was very miserable and just disregarded our presence. Eventually we got to the bar and had our drink even though we had to wait 30 minutes on top of our reservation for the table. We then got our table and the waiter was fairly good but it seemed he was just rushing to get us out as he asked if we were finished half way through eating! Eventually he got his wish so we just give up and decided to stuff out face because it was unomfortable.

Finally!!!! As we were walking out of the restaurant we side passed the bar, the girl who served our drinks was just miserably observing us as we were walking out. What made us SICK,,, my daughter hit her head off a over flowing bar tray which they left on the side with a sharp edge,, 3 of the bar staff had seen what happened but never said a word and carried on with there business as if nothing happened.

Conclusion; Disney is an over priced scam and they make out its magical for kids...... It's not I promise you. I spent £6000 on this holiday and the Disney thing all together is a disgrace, some people are friendly 'but they have to be cos it's there job' .

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE, DO THE SEAWORLD AND UNIVERSAL, it's a lot lot better!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We ate there around 2 in the afternoon on a Thursday and it wasn't horribly busy but you definitely need a reservation either way. We showed up about 30 minutes early to see if they had anything before our actual reservation time and they did so we were able to get in a little early. I have eaten here plenty of times though and at night it can definitely get busy so it is worth it to make reservations early!

The atmosphere is definitely what makes this restaurant. I have sat all around the restaurant and prefer to be near the elephants but of course everyone has their preference! The portions are large and can definitely be split between two people. Our waiter wasn't particularly over-the-top friendly but that could just be the particular server or the day he was having. Any of their seafood dishes are very good food!

Be careful with small children and getting frightened. Ever thirty minutes a "thunderstorm" happens and the lights go on and off and thunder sounds appear. Every fifteen minutes the animals come to life though and that's definitely fun for children! Although the waits can be long there's a large gift shop to look around in to pass the time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“We got sick”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate a chicken pasta there, and had a terrible night! Food is not good, and is over expensive! They should do something about that

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Woerden, The Netherlands
“What a nice night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

In the heart of downtown Disney is where you will find the rain forest cafe... Had a great meal and a great waiter!!
Very good cooked food and so nicely presented!!! Very attentive waiter we had... Would def. recommend this every one