“Love this place, chocolate heaven!”

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #4 of 159 Dessert in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Can't say I would consider this place for a meal, but love downtown Disney and always have to pay a visit for a hot chocolate or a latte and of course to buy some yummy chocolate, best chocolate we had in America, can we not have an outlet in the uk? And you get a free piece of chocolate too. I was having decent chocolate withdrawal until I found this place!

There are newer reviews for Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The aroma of chocolate draws you in and you can't help but buy something. Staff are pleasant and give out samples, and my six year old who is usually shy went up twice to get some more.
It;s a good place to stop over to buy chocolates for friends at home and there is a wide variety to choose from. Most flavours are rather adventurous, including peanut butter, but I guess that is not too different from Cadbury's chocolate with nuts.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Listen, I know times are hard and businesses are looking for ways to reduce costs. BUT...sticking my nearly ten dollar hot fudge sundae in a big 'ol plastic cup is not cool. No sir.

I know how trivial this detail sounds. And should be, but here's the rub-I'm no expert in physics, but I know that something in the plastic cup makes the hot fudge congeal and that kills the joy of the "hot" fudge sundae. This was not an issue in the glass tulip cups they used to come in. I first noticed this when I took one in at Disneyland. Thinking, eh maybe it was a one-time thing, I gave the exclamatory-priced sundae another shot at Downtown Disney. No dice. Same thing. At least I got about 2/3 of the way through until the fudge was cold and clumpy.

I'm not returning until they bring the glass dishes back. It's not worth that kind of money for something that has decreased in quality but gone up in price.

1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here a couple of times. The store is adorable and smells great. The employees are always super nice and give out samples. Yes it is a little pricey but well worth it. Quality stuff :)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went to Ghirardelli again and this time we tried the Cable Car! It had Chocolate, Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road ice cream with Hot fudge and Marshmallow topping! It was delicious! Wasn't sure about all that chocolate but it did not disappoint! We happen to go at one of the busiest times but still managed to find a table outside. I'm surprised after all these years they haven't figured out a way to expand just a bit.

If you go into the candy store side you will get a piece of their Ghirardelli Chocolate candy! This time it was Pumpkin Spice Caramel! How can you so no to that??