Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #4 of 166 Dessert in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We shared a sundae and it was excellent! The line looked really long but they were very efficient and well worth the wait!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,519)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wive forces us to get a $9.00 tiny sundae every trip to Downtown Disney. You cant get a table, its so hot and its not very good. Go to Carvel or Burger King for a $1.00 cone instead.

1  Thank Russ0702
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Huge sundaes and other ice cream creations, most costing $9 or more. If you can't get to San Francisco to the original Ghirardelli Soda Fountain, this is worth a stop when you want to splurge.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We actually had treats here twice during our visit to Disney World. Everyone in my party had ice cream except for me. I had the sea salt carmel & banana shake both times. OMG!! It was absolutely fabulous. It is a bit pricey but well worth it. The serving size is quite large for the price. The rest of the group loved their ice cream. Some had waffle cones and some had regular cones. We loved it so much we went back again another evening. Don't be fooled by the line, it moves rather quickly. Service was great. You can sit indoors if seats are avaiable otherwise you sit outside. Nice place to just sit and enjoy a lovely treat.

1  Thank sparkle519
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Living within 15-20 minutes driving time to Ghirardelli is hard. :)
I never really cared for ice cream, and usually share my ice cream with my children. However, when I'm here I order the Warm Brownie Sundae. It is a small piece of heaven for me.

I was here on Sunday to find that the entire menu has changed and the prices have increased. Due to the Warm Brownie Sundae costing $10.06, I may stay away for awhile, but it so delicious and definitely worth a visit. Just be sure to run at least 3 miles the next day. :)